cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to stream, buffering constantly.

Ugh this is so frustrating! Trying to watch Game of Thrones on my Now TV box and it's buffering constantly and won't play more than a second or two. The internet test runs fine, I've tried unplugging it and plugging back in, I've tried playing other programmes and I keep getting the same thing. It just keeps spinning, occasionally throwing me back to the Now TV start screen. Really we invested in the Now TV box because the picture quality from the Xbox 360 app was so poor, and we were initially pleased with the quality, but now this! Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
You could try this

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry about the delay.

We're still looking into your issue, as soon as we have an update we'll send you an email.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any update on the issue?

Thanks, Phil.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry, we have no updates as of yet.

We are still looking into this but unfortunately have no definitve timeframe on a resolution right now.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

we have 3 tvs with 3 now tv boxes, my sister has one in her bedroom i have one in mine and there is one in the lounge, when we went to bed last night, we both chose different shows to watch and both of us after about half an hour of watching they kept stopping and starting it was truly frustrating and we had to give up, can you please tell us why is happening

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem , I have a now TV box but I am watching through an Apple TV box. So I cannot reset pings etc, I cannot watch movies etc which I have just paid for. Come on what is going on

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear this @Anonymous User. 

Can you please let us know if you are still encountering this issue?

If so can you please let us know what you are trying to watch? 

Can you please also let us know if you experience this issue on any other device? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that this was happening 😞

Is the issue still ongoing?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happening to me too, both via PS3 and a PC (cabled con nection) - blurred stream, constant buffering . Netflix is streaming perfectly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

This is happening to me too, both via PS3 and a PC (cabled con nection) - blurred stream, constant buffering . Netflix is streaming perfectly.

Had serious buffering on my Galaxy S5 watching Tha Last Ship.. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry you had issues, Are you still having issues with the app. Can you try deleting the app and then re-install please. Have you had these issues on other devices? 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team