cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to stream, buffering constantly.

Ugh this is so frustrating! Trying to watch Game of Thrones on my Now TV box and it's buffering constantly and won't play more than a second or two. The internet test runs fine, I've tried unplugging it and plugging back in, I've tried playing other programmes and I keep getting the same thing. It just keeps spinning, occasionally throwing me back to the Now TV start screen. Really we invested in the Now TV box because the picture quality from the Xbox 360 app was so poor, and we were initially pleased with the quality, but now this! Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
You could try this

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry you had issues, Are you still having issues with the app. Can you try deleting the app and then re-install please. Have you had these issues on other devices? 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Thanks for the reply, I'm at work until late night all week, I'll get bact to you as soon as I can test the app again on my own connection as the internet at work is dire..

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear this @Anonymous User. 

Can you please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue? 

If you still encounter this issue are you able to let us know what you are watching? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv good in lounge but buffers in bedroom what can i do

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Could be a few causes but probably due to poor wifi connection. Assuming you are using a NOW TV box, make sure the box is in an open space, not tucked behind or under the TV, or on a crowded shelf. Sometimes moving the box from one side of the TV to another may help, or a different place one room, cables permitting. Also if you have the black NOW TV box, connecting via an Ethernet cable would help, although this often isn't practical if the router isn't nearby. It's also possible that changing the wifi channel on the router may help (if it's set on auto then rebooting the router should make it select the current best choice).

Have a play around with a few different positions and if you still have trouble you can always post back.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

These so called solutions are all bs and you know it 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, I am having massive buffering issues with the now tv app on my x box 1. All other streaming and online gaming works fine. There is an issue with your app. I use a wired connection and have no other issues with my internet apart from this. Advise please.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you've been having this issue.

Can you please try deleting the NOW TV app and then reinstall.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh dear the buffering has started with me while I'm watching Chicago Fire.

This update to my box has made it very poorly
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This really is a stupid reply....
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This really is a stupid reply.... How is deleting the app going to solve this???