cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huxley123
Scholar 2

Unable to access YouTube favourites on NOW TV app.

Last night when I used the YouTube app I didn't have access to my favourites or Liked videos.

Is this a known problem?

They're still all saved on my account when viewing on a PC but the NOW TV app seems to have lost them.

I can save new ones but I'd like my existing lists.

I haven't tried logging out & in again, that will be my next step if it still doesn't work tonight.

Just thought I'd check if anyone else has this problem before messing about with the settings

6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @huxley123,

NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as: BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV, Youtube etc.

The design of their UI's, the content they offer, their delivery systems for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the individual service provider.

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

@huxley123 you can send from your phone to the box.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
huxley123
Scholar 2

The last NOW box update seemed to have caused a glitch where it created a second YouTube account on the app.

After a few times logging out and back in & re-activating the app it looks like I've managed to sync it to the original again and got my favourites back.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @huxley123,

Please confirm... Is this issue with the 'white' NOW TV box?

If so, you might want to consider upgrading to the 'black' NOW TV box, as it offers twice the RAM memory and a faster 'dual' core CPU.

Cheers

huxley123
Scholar 2

Yes, the white box.

I'll keep using it till it stops working, no doubt the black one will soon be out of date as well.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@huxley123 wrote:

Yes, the white box.

I'll keep using it till it stops working, no doubt the black one will soon be out of date as well.

Hi @huxley123,

Given the sophistication of the currently available app apps along with their memory requirements (YouTube being one of the hungry ones), it will be a few years before the black box runs out of steam...

Cheers