cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to get movies to play through both boxes

Hi,
We recently bought a Now TV box along with the entertainment and movie packages. We have this downstairs and it works fine.
We have my partner’s old Now TV box plugged in to the telly upstairs and I logged in with the account details that has the entertainment and movie package assigned to it - from what I’ve read this should be fine and should work. However, whilst the entertainment package works, I can’t seem to get movies upstairs - it says I have to pay for it - but we’re already paying for it and it is working on the other box! Does anyone know how we can get the account to work upstairs? Is it because my partner originally bought just the entertainment and not the movies? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Works brilliantly! Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. That is strange! I'll get the silly question out of the way first, and you weren't looking at the Sky Store app on the upstairs box by mistake? As that's a pay to rent or buy service so everything needs paying for in there.

However I'm sure that's not the case, so first off open up the NOW TV app on the downstairs box, go to the My Account screen and check what surname you are signed in as.

Then on the upstairs box, do the same and check the usernames match. Even if they do, click the sign out button and then sign back in again making sure you're still using the same username as the one on the box downstairs.

If that still doesn't let you watch both passes then try the following:

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Works brilliantly! Thank you!