cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles

This is driving me insane. I’ve kept Now TV on the promise subtitles would be added. After years of waiting and there’s a major problem. There’s nothing for ages, then they just whizz past and catch up, then nothing, then they zoom past again, constantly playing catch up. So infuriating. Anyone wise have this issue?
9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I think the odd one or two people have mentioned it. Have you tried backing out of the film you're watching and then going back into it to see if it helps. I suppose it's possible the low spec of the white box compared to the newer boxes might play a role, but I would have still expected it to work fine. 

Don't use the white box anymore myself but would be interesting to see if any other white box owners have noticed similar.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy, yes I’ve tried that. Even tried running the film to the end, rewinding to the start and playing again, but nothing.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I'm trying to think of any of the forum regulars who use the white box but I'm not sure really so I'll tag @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Content Team, she might be able to offer you advice or check whether they get the same issue at their end (probably be Monday before you get a reply).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi! I have escalated this and it is being investigated. Ill update once I have any info. 

**update** @Anonymous User can you confirm that it is the White Box that you're having these issues on? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mary,
Yes it’s the white box. I’ve tried on different TVs but it still doesn’t work. As I’m deaf in one ear and suffer from tinnitus in the other, this is most frustrating.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello! Same issue here. Did you manage to find a solution?? I cancelled the subscription because of this.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, yes the new black box has sorted the subtitles out. Works a treat.
Regards
Matt
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's been said on this community site that the new black box allows subtitles to be shown. I have a black NowTV box (not the smart version). I can get subtitles when watching Alice Roberts 'cities' series on All4 on my laptop - in other words the programs have subtitles embedded. But I can't get subtitles on the same programs via NowTV. Does anyone think it should be possible?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, the new black box has sorted the issue. Works a treat now 🙂