cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles Delay

I bought a NowTV box (white) a few years ago, but cancelled my subscription when I discovered there were no subtitles (I wear two hearing aids, so subtitles are essential.) When I discovered subtitles had been introduced, I decided to subscribe again. 

Yes, there are subtitles (though not for everything I wanted to watch), but they aren't working properly. They don't display when they should, race to catch up (which means you can't read them anyway), then seem to pause again. It's making it unwatchable for me.

Before I cancel, is there anything I can do to make them sync? I've tried pausing the programme, then restarting, but it works for only a few minutes at best, then they freeze again.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem. I just re-subscribed for GOT expecting subtitles to work, but there is a long lag then a sudden quick rush, then they fall behind again. Totally useless for following the programme.

I have virgin and Amazon boxes too, and both of them have properly synced subtitles, so why can't nowtv?