cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Split wifi

I have just had to split my Vodafone broadband between 2.4 and 5 gH but my now to box (white) will only pick up the 2.4 network. The 2.4 network is too slow (which is why Vodafone split it) so I need it to connect to the 5 gH network. Any ideas why the now to box won't pick this up? 

To note the box and router are in the same room less than hen half a metre apart. 

Thanks 

Cazzoline 

5 REPLIES 5
Legend 5
Legend 5

hi @Anonymous User  it should pick it up.  Can you check the router page and check it is not set to "private" or "hidden".  i.e. that the now box can see it.   I noticed you said the two are close together.  Can you try an ethernet cable?  (I appreciate you may not have one).   They are worth getting as no interference or sharing the WiFi channel with neighbours.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User, @4268 White boxes don't have an ethernet socket 😛

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User oops didn't notice the white bit.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, the router is not hidden as all other devices in the house can pick it up.
And no Ethernet socket.
Any other ideas?
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  do you use the box for anything other than Now?  Do you actually use a Now subscription, are you on an offer or just paying the standard price?  If you just pay the standard price, you might be better to get a new black box with passes from Argos or Tesco. (If any are on offer). I am guessing may be half time offers soon.  In the meantime try a reset of the box.  Put a pin in for 30secs or until it completely restarts and says "lets get started".  then try inputting the details.