cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sign in to internet

My white box will not connect to internet. I get to let's get started- it finds the router- I try to connect to it and it finds wifi, local connection and Internet and 3 green ticks appear then nothing it doesn't as for the router password and all I get is the now tv logo with balloons and chattering teeth but no now tv as such can anyone help please
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for all your help.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

Do any of these steps help? 🙂

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-NOW-TV-Box-and-Roku

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried resetting the now tv box- turning off both the router and now tv box not sure I know how to do the others. I am at a time share could it be possible the router is set to block such device's as the now tv Box? No problem logging in to the Web on my phone .
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you trying to access NowTV outside the UK ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No I am in the uk
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you say that you can access the web via your phone, does that mean the nowtv app on your mobile phone plays fine ?

You also mentioned that you have reset the nowtv box, did you try the factory hard reset set option by leaving both the TV and nowtv box left switched on and pushing a pin in the small reset hole on the back of the box until the initial setup screen appears on your TV.

With the factory reset you will have to re enter the Router WiFi password and your nowtv details again on the box (username & password).

What is the Router model and do you know what ISP the time share property is contracted with ?

Are there any conditions with your time share agreement with any restrictions or usage with the internet ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help unfortunately I have done all of these things.
What is still happening is that the box sees the router, checks the 3 connection items and green ticks them and as soon as it green ticks the Internet it does not proceed to password etc .
Then I get this NOW TV screen with cartoon balloons, footballs and gnashing teeth which change in rotation for the O in NOW on the TV. Clearly something is connected or I would not be seeing the moving cartoon NOW TV display but nothing else works as far as a NOW TV service only this changing NOW TV picture on the TV.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I think that it is something to do with the Internet service at the property your in.

On your phone once you connected to the WIFI do you then have to enter a username and password to get access to the Internet ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy
Yes I do
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

That type of setup isn't supported on the NOW TV Box for connecting to WIFI.

Thanks

Andy