cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Search function not working

Over the past few weeks, the search function has stopped working on NOW TV. I cannot search for anything at all - even a single letter, it just comes up with Nothing Found. I have made sure all software is up-to-date, disconnected the power and internet for quite awhile and still no joy. Everything else is working fine, but it makes finding series' nearly impossible. We have a 2400SK  model white Roku box. Does anyone know if I have missed something or if there is a solution? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Saint1976  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi Saint

You know, there are still a small number of people who do not realise that every piece of electronic equipment you buy is time limited, i.e. a shelf life, and in general the smaller the device the shorter the life.

Unfortunately, the white box is now way, way (yes, double way) past it's shelf or whatever life it had and should now be retired to a museum, a personal collection, or to a recycling establishment (maybe it's plastics and electronics can be re-purposed, but I doubt it).

And as you indicated, this white box is no longer supported, i.e. in service, and will no longer receive any updates, fixes, accepted service calls or anything else from it's supplier or original manufacturer.

So, if there are any Now TV customers out there still using the white box then please realise that if it goes wrong you are basically on your own.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue.

Tried a factory reset and still no joy.

Any idea why this is happening?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

White box?

F5DA09FD-1839-4CFF-AC26-947C95DFDF1C.gif

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have just tried this and it is still coming back with no search
results. Thank you for your help though.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been experiencing the same issue. I tried the update using the remote keys shortcut, but I still have the same issue. 

Using the workaround is okay - but without the search, the device is really hard to navigate.

Anyone else found a way to fix this issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As no one bothered to fix this, I cancelled my subscription. Hate bad customer care.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User as the white box is no longer a supported device, the problem would never have been fixed.

Not so much bad customer care, but time to update your device!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Saint1976  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi Saint

You know, there are still a small number of people who do not realise that every piece of electronic equipment you buy is time limited, i.e. a shelf life, and in general the smaller the device the shorter the life.

Unfortunately, the white box is now way, way (yes, double way) past it's shelf or whatever life it had and should now be retired to a museum, a personal collection, or to a recycling establishment (maybe it's plastics and electronics can be re-purposed, but I doubt it).

And as you indicated, this white box is no longer supported, i.e. in service, and will no longer receive any updates, fixes, accepted service calls or anything else from it's supplier or original manufacturer.

So, if there are any Now TV customers out there still using the white box then please realise that if it goes wrong you are basically on your own.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply. It looks like I will need to replace the box
with a more up-to-date device.

Thank you again