cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Search function not working

Over the past few weeks, the search function has stopped working on NOW TV. I cannot search for anything at all - even a single letter, it just comes up with Nothing Found. I have made sure all software is up-to-date, disconnected the power and internet for quite awhile and still no joy. Everything else is working fine, but it makes finding series' nearly impossible. We have a 2400SK  model white Roku box. Does anyone know if I have missed something or if there is a solution? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Saint1976  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi Saint

You know, there are still a small number of people who do not realise that every piece of electronic equipment you buy is time limited, i.e. a shelf life, and in general the smaller the device the shorter the life.

Unfortunately, the white box is now way, way (yes, double way) past it's shelf or whatever life it had and should now be retired to a museum, a personal collection, or to a recycling establishment (maybe it's plastics and electronics can be re-purposed, but I doubt it).

And as you indicated, this white box is no longer supported, i.e. in service, and will no longer receive any updates, fixes, accepted service calls or anything else from it's supplier or original manufacturer.

So, if there are any Now TV customers out there still using the white box then please realise that if it goes wrong you are basically on your own.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here! Sorry can't help but interested in any helpful replies too. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

I haven't used a white nowtv box in years, so i can't check if it's happening on my box has well.

Have you tried a forced software update on the box by following these instructions below ?

Update the software even if you are on the same version number, just in case the current software is corrupted.

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

If that doesn't work the only thing i can suggest in the short term until somebody knows of a fix is to use your smartphone with the nowtv App or NowTV website and search for stuff and Add to your Watch List which should mirror across to your box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice @schnapps I was optimistic there for a sec when it gave the option of a new update but unfortunately it hasn't worked. I might try a factory reset then the short term solution you suggest.

Thanks for your quick reply!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just be careful at the moment, with regards to a factory reset where a couple of people couldn't enter the activation code that pops up on the television screen when going to the NowTV website to re activate the box after a factory reset.

I am guessing the Roku Remote App on your smartphone gives the same results when searching for NowTV content ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah good working @schnapps I'll stick to the adding to myTV for the time being then. Thanks. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You can try a full factory reset if you wish, but if you get stuck by entering the activation code on the NowTV website page then it's at your own risk.

The error is not effecting everybody and only a small minority, but it's a gamble you need to either take or not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi- i'm having the same problem and have tried all the usual reinstalling, factory setting and updates solutions. The search bar no longer works. entering one letter usualy brings up a number of programmes but now nothing and the response try searching for a word appears. Exactly the same when a programme title is entered. this is weeks now - possibly a ploy for us to upgrade to USB sticks?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi what is the activation code? I'm having trouble with this aswell 😡

Thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not sure about the white nowtv boxes, but on the newer boxes and stick if you factory reset the device then during the setup process a six digit activation code will pop up on your television screen with instructions on what to do next.