cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Replacement Remote

Anyone know how to get a replacement remote. Managed to get mine wet, so its not working making the now box useless. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Tony-D @Anonymous User

Hi Amanda

As well as a free app from the Google Store, as a Now TV/Roku Remote, I recently bought a spare remote for my son from Amazon UK, I don't know if they've still got any but it wouldn't hurt to check them out.

UK Bob 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Here you go

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/products/white-now-tv-box-remote-control?section=now-tv&catego...

Also, another thought if you are looking for some extra entertainment or movie passes, you could buy the newer NowTv black box including either a 3 month entertainment pass or 2 month movie pass from Currys or Argos, they are both doing a deal at the moment for £14.

If you got either an Android or IOS smartphone or tablet, you could also download the free Roku Remote control app,which you could use in the short term until you sort out a replacement remote.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just checked the Argos website and its 0.99p dearer than the price from Currys.

Also, looks like Tesco are doing the same packages for £14, not sure how long these NowTV deals are going to last (think it's a Easter Bank Hoilday promotion only) so the price may go back to RRP tomorrow ?

I know that's the case with the NowTV website store offer.

Another thing I should have mentioned in my post above, is that you need a TV with an HDMI port to use the newer NowTV black box, just in case you have the white box connected by means of YRW analogue style cable.

Legend 5
Legend 5

As a quick fix try the Android remote app. You should be able to find one in the play store. Apologies, I am on mobile so posting links is a pain.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

Dear Forum Members

Believe it or not, I just got myself a Now TV remote app, from Google's Play Store, for my Android Tablet. 

The app is called "Romoku" and it's pretty snazzy, on my tablet the display shows all my Now TV apps alongside the cursor control (shown here).

Romoku - Remote for Roku- screenshot thumbnail

To get more details about this app, check out the URL: 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sojos.rremote&hl=en_GB

I've not done an in depth look at this app but, I must admit, I do like it.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You have saved my sanity! I had never heard of the remote app. My kids have been driving me crazy for days wanting the movies and kids stuff on! Thank you so much! Now chilling on the sofa with them watching finding dory 😊
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where can I get replacement black now tv remote plz. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Where can I get replacement black now tv remote plz. 

Hi @Anonymous User It seems to be currently out of stock on the Sky Accessories page but you can use other sites at your own will such as eBay and Amazon. Also, as @ukbobboy mentioned above you can use your Phone as a remote in the mean time.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Tony-D @Anonymous User

Hi Amanda

As well as a free app from the Google Store, as a Now TV/Roku Remote, I recently bought a spare remote for my son from Amazon UK, I don't know if they've still got any but it wouldn't hurt to check them out.

UK Bob 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@ukbobboy wrote:

@Tony-D @Anonymous User

Hi Amanda

UK Bob

@ukbobboy Cheers sir, am i right in thinking every NOW TV Remote works with any box? I remember using my white remote on my Blackbox, or maybe it was a dream.