cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote

My now tv stick constantly drops connection with the remote control then will reconnect following a reset. Is there a fix for this? 

8 REPLIES 8
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Luke

The white box is going to switched off soon, it's probably not worth trying to fix this problem but maybe if you check with Now TV they'll send you a free  Now TV stick.

Here's customer service:

Now TV Customer Service Email.jpg

and here's a Now TV stick:

Now TV Stick.jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It’s a stick I have
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sorry Luke

Because you posted in the White Box section of this forum, and I didn't read your note carefully enough, I thought you were referring to problems with a Now TV white box.

However, I still think you should contact customer care.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

If you load the Roku remote app to your phone, it should allow you to control your Now device. It works for me.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks that seems to have worked, just not sure we should have to download app to replace the one provided! Thanks for your help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Have you checked the state of the batteries in the remote?

There should be an onscreen indicator if so, but testing them, or trying a new set of batteries experimentally, may bring results.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes full batteries and when connected states full the stick and remote are 2 weeks old!
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If it has never worked properly, it probably arrived faulty.

Take or send the whole thing back, Stick, remote and all, to wherever you bought it, for a properly working replacement.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.