cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Extremely poor picture quality

I switched to superfast broadband a few month ago and get good speeds.

But the white Now TV box performance has been rediculously poor, picture quality is all over the place but generally barely watchable.

It is NOT a speed issue, as both the iPad and Apple TV apps work fine, I've tried resetting the box numerous times, using the home 5x, rev 3x, ff 2x menu options, makes no difference.

Getting seriuosly pee'd off with Nowtv as a result

5 REPLIES 5
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

How long have you had your 'white' NOW TV box? Some people have had some success deleting apps and/or reseting their white boxes to free up memory.

However, if the problem persits you're probably better off treating yourself to the newer 'black' NOW TV box. By contrast, the 'black' boxes which were released in Aug 2015 offer twice the RAM memory and a faster 'dual' core CPU. And can be connected to the internet via WiFi or wired ethernet.

And just-so-you-know... If you're using your 'white' box to view content from 'third-party' service providers such as: BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV, YouTube etc. NOW TV have no control over their content, their delivery systems, their UI's or their distribution platforms. All of which is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the box a few years now but almost exclusively us it for the NowTv subscription I have as it is a bit glitch for iplayer, I tend to use either my amazon stick or AppleTV boxes for iplayer. 

I have tried using the apple box for nowTV and the picture is very good but the menu system on the app makes it hard to view stuff on my watch list.

Its a little annoying having to upgrade it as it worked fine upto about 6 months ago and my usage hasnt changed in that time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothing lasts forever

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought my dad a Black NOW TV in November and since the beginning of the year the picture has been horrendous, we reset the box and for 10 minutes it’s okay and then it goes again. Most of the time he has to watch the awful picture because he is in a care Home and isn’t able to reset his box himself. How can we stop this from happening.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I bought my dad a Black NOW TV in November and since the beginning of the year the picture has been horrendous, we reset the box and for 10 minutes it’s okay and then it goes again. Most of the time he has to watch the awful picture because he is in a care Home and isn’t able to reset his box himself. How can we stop this from happening.

Presumably he is sharing the homes internet connection which will be the issue, short of paying for mobile broadband there’s not much you can do