cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem with box

I've had my now tv box for just over 2 years and I've stared having problems with it. It freezes in the middle of watching programmes and the sound continues in the background or it just stops and goes back to the main menu. I've updated it and reset it. Anyone got any other suggestions? Is it worth me just getting a new box? Do they only work for a period of time. I'm currently paying for kids, entertainment and movies but unable to watch anything. It's been ongoing the last 2 months and get worse. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you use the NowTV Kids Pass, and your older white box is starting to struggle then Argos are currently offering a deal for a new NowTV black box bundled with a 4 month kids pass for £14.99.

Where you just add the 4 month voucher code to your existing kids pass on your account.

Here's the Argos link if you are interested, not sure of stock levels in your post code area mind.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5531828

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem it is so frustrating
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem with all apps and can find no way of contacting Now TV.  There are no problems when using the Fire Stick.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. You can send the NOW TV Team a message or get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(choose the options that apply to you, or expand the Anything Else section)

Alternately if you explain in more detail what's happening someone might be able to help on here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot send Now TV an e-mail as the system just forms a circle sending back from whence I came and does not allow a message to be sent.  About every hour the box will freeze, the blue screen of death appears, two pages with NOW TV cartoons appears and then I am returned to the home page.  This happens with all the apps and on live NOW TV.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Try using a different browser a day/or device to send a message (eg try on a mobile or tablet browser instead of PC or vice versa) and you might find it works.

As for your box sounds like it is restarting itself regularly for some reason. Try a forced software update to see if it helps.

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having similar problems, the box crashes then reboots and goes to the opening (home) page The box is more than 2 years old so I think I will just replace it. It has been good value for money anyway.Smiley Indifferent

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the same problem for some time but it is inconsistent. Sometimes it reverts to the home page as described above, sometimes it says "no signal" but is back in a minute or so, but other times it says it cannot connect to my network. Given that the laptop works, it probably isn't the broadband at fault. I tried the above suggestion but that takes me to the App Store and then freezes! I have had a live chat and that wa a waste of time - the chap said it had to be my broadband and gave me a telephone number to call - the woman who answered xsaid she couldn't help because Sky is not my ISP. What next?