cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Power light flashing

I have had my now box for a month now and it has worked fine upto now.

All I get is the white power light flashing and nothing else.

83 REPLIES 83
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

hi, thanks for your advice, i did try it but sadly it didn't work. I think it may be because i can't get past the set up screen 😞 once I press the buttons to start the update it just goes back to the same screen again.

Still don't know what to do!!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With the continuing flashing white light on your box it sounds like to me that it's stuck in a software update loop ?

You could try switching off your nowtv box and Router for about 30 minutes than start your Router first and then once the Router has gone through its start up procedure, then switch back on your nowtv box and try having another go at entering your wifi and username details again.

If the above doesn't work or if nobody else can come up with other things for you to check or try then contact nowtv on the link page below.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Error-Messages-NOW-TV-Box 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This exact same thing is happening to my now TV!
Did you figure out a way to sort it out ellie2104??
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  do you have an alternative TV to try it on?  If you can try pressing home x 5 fw x 3 rw x2 and do a software update.  Also try clearing your watch list in case this is causing issues.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
This exact same thing is happening to my now TV!
Did you figure out a way to sort it out ellie2104??

Hi @Anonymous User,

Please confirm. Do you have the NOW TV 'white' box too? And if not, what device are you using to view the NOW TV service on?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User

Did you manage to resolve this issue ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital @4268 @Anonymous User @schnapps

not sure why the post says my box is white, its BLACK!  does this make a difference to how i can solve this issue?? So far i've had no luck with any of the suggestions 😞

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Because you posted under the 'white' box section.

I recommend live chat.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-NOW-TV-Box-and-Roku

Click the green contact us button at the bottom of the link.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you spoken to nowtv live chat to see if they can give you any guidance and help ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just wondering if you have now got your black nowtv box working again from continually rebooting when stuck in the initial setup start screen ?

If your box is still not working, do you leave the box switched on all the time at the mains power outlet (recommended) or do you unplug the box when not in use ?

The reason why i am asking is due to another forum member courtesy of @Anonymous User seemed to have a similar problem that you are experiencing and fixed it by leaving the nowtv box switched on for a couple of hours at the power mains which enabled the new software to be fully downloaded onto the box (see link thread below for further information).

Worth having a go if you haven't tried it yet.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/black-now-box-on-reboot-loop/m-p/392967#M5745