cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Power light flashing

I have had my now box for a month now and it has worked fine upto now.

All I get is the white power light flashing and nothing else.

83 REPLIES 83
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry i was going to update you, but trying to get Nowtv to work, but on the password.. but im sure they will be sorted later.

The smart was already set up, but what i did from the link you provided, was refresh all the wirless items.

I tried what you said before, but none of that worked, ie reboots, but going into the router did work for me.

So, i guess, that (may ) be an answer?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh i meant to add, you were correct, the box did want to update which i think created the problem in the first place, so once again thank you for the advice, it was spot on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have read this thread and tried everything suggested. I am setting a white box up which worked at the old house but won't work in our new house. I have put new batteries in the remote and plugged it all in but just get a No Signal message. I have the white light flashing but it can't be updating as it isn't connected yet to the wifi. I have wasted a whole afternoon on this!! Very frustrated😣
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello.

I had the same symptoms described by this very long thread. I am an electronics engineer, so ran a few tests. The problem in my case, is a blown power supply after a mains power failure.

Replacing the power supply with a 6 volt compatible unit brings the 'Now TV' box back to life. You will need to set up the wifi connection again. For those who are a bit techy, the power supply has probably blown the direct current (DC) rectifiers and an unregulated AC voltage is now supplied to the Now TV box, hence the total malfunction of it. With the failure of power supply you won't be able to reset it or anything else.

I will post this info in a new thread as well. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

IanHub Thanks very much, it works for me.

My Nowtv box's white LED was flashing, the remote was not working at all. I tried the hard reset but it didn't work. Of course, I didn't think of changing the power supply because the box was working. 

Now I changed the power supply to a new one and Hooray!  The box is back to life.

UPDATE: After starting the first programme, the box's frozen again, and the LED started flashing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joanna, I just posted the same problem with the suitable fix. Your power supply has probably failed. You will need a new one. It you take your old one to Maplins/Currys etc they will find you a replacement.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't get it to work ,I unpluged the box and i've reset the box and still it doesn't work what can i do ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I can't get it to work ,I unpluged the box and i've reset the box and still it doesn't work what can i do ?

@Anonymous User

Anything shown on the TV screen such has error messages etc ?

Is there a White Light on the front of the box or does the light flash ?

Is the WIFI working on the Router , maybe try rebooting by powering off Router.

When you say a reset, do you mean a hard reset by pressing the reset pin on the back of box for 30 sec ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I started having problems with my NowTV box a few weeks back, it wouldn't play or select certain shows and would freeze after each episode / if I didn't exit back to the main menu before choosing each one.

I decided to reset it to see if that helped but it's made it worse! During setup, once I've typed in the wifi password (first stage of setting up) it goes to a blank screen and then starts all over again?? I've reset it and unplugged it a thousand times and everytime it's the same!! The white light on the front is flashing non-stop too.

So frustrating paying £15+ a month and can't even use it!!!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When the white light flashes continually on the box it usually means that the box is attempting a software update.

I don't think my suggestion below will work, but however it is worth a try for the sake of 5 minutes.

Try a forced software update on the box by following these instructions on the link below.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Other-app-not-working-NOW-TV-Box