cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Re: Blue light flashing on box, no picture at all

Hi @Doraflip

You may be interested to know that Argos are currently offering the following NOW TV 'black' box bundles: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 6 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £19.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 4 month 'Cinema' pass @ £19.99

Get 'em while their hot... Smiley Wink

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Doraflip
Occasional Poster

Re: Blue light flashing on box, no picture at all

Thank you, shall try that now!
0 Thanks
Highlighted
1Scrumpy
Occasional Poster

Re: Power light flashing

Hi, Spenser light blinking.  Changed batteries in rooted, so that is not the problem -- help ! 

0 Thanks
JoannaGwynne
First Poster

Re: Flashing white light on box.

I have read this thread and tried everything suggested. I am setting a white box up which worked at the old house but won't work in our new house. I have put new batteries in the remote and plugged it all in but just get a No Signal message. I have the white light flashing but it can't be updating as it isn't connected yet to the wifi. I have wasted a whole afternoon on this!! Very frustrated😣
0 Thanks
IanHub
Occasional Poster

Hello.

I had the same symptoms described by this very long thread. I am an electronics engineer, so ran a few tests. The problem in my case, is a blown power supply after a mains power failure.

Replacing the power supply with a 6 volt compatible unit brings the 'Now TV' box back to life. You will need to set up the wifi connection again. For those who are a bit techy, the power supply has probably blown the direct current (DC) rectifiers and an unregulated AC voltage is now supplied to the Now TV box, hence the total malfunction of it. With the failure of power supply you won't be able to reset it or anything else.

I will post this info in a new thread as well. 

IanHub
Occasional Poster

Hi Joanna, I just posted the same problem with the suitable fix. Your power supply has probably failed. You will need a new one. It you take your old one to Maplins/Currys etc they will find you a replacement.

0 Thanks
Legatus70
First Poster

I just bought my now tv box two days later I have a white flashing light, the reset doesn't work I have tried unplugging it for three minutes but still flashing. Any ideas or do I need to chase up amazon for another now tv box
0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Legatus70,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Windcharms1
First Poster

IanHub Thanks very much, it works for me.

My Nowtv box's white LED was flashing, the remote was not working at all. I tried the hard reset but it didn't work. Of course, I didn't think of changing the power supply because the box was working. 

Now I changed the power supply to a new one and Hooray!  The box is back to life.

UPDATE: After starting the first programme, the box's frozen again, and the LED started flashing. 

0 Thanks
kelsey459
First Poster

hi,

i have the exact same issue except mine is with the NOW tv smart stick.

for a good couple of weeks it was working fine. set up fine. no issues. then all of a sudden it wouldnt load any of the apps, kept stating a connection error. wifi works fine, always have, had no problems and nothing has changed at all. now when i go to turn it on, it goes to the start up screen for a few seconds and then nothing. it cuts off to a no signal screen and there is a white flasing light on the stick. ive followed all the advice online about resetting and it doesnt seem to work. i went to try it again the other day and now the remote wont even connect to it.

im just so confused and lost. i have no idea what to do other than launch it out the window. is there a way of fixing it ?

thanks,

kelsey.

0 Thanks