cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Power light flashing

I have had my now box for a month now and it has worked fine upto now.

All I get is the white power light flashing and nothing else.

83 REPLIES 83
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yep, if you keep an eye out on the status post you'll see when NOW TV issue any more info

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Now-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Isit back on now?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Although they haven't posted anything yet, mine and quite a few others are now working. If you haven't already try pulling out the plug, leaving a few seconds and powering up again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm setting up my new box and when I get to the software update box I choose to update he software. The screen then changes to the yellow Now TV logo and then proceeds to a black screen (white light on constant) and then either restarts the process taking me back to the enter language step or just restarts 3/4 times.

Any help would be much appreciated, I have already returned one box because of a similar problem.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No just met with a black screen and a flashing white light on the front of the box
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

NOW TV have identified an issue causing this and have posted a message about it here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Now-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208

I'd suggest going to that post and clicking Topic Options>Subscribe (you need to be signed in to do this) and then you should get an email when there is any news.

In the meantime I'd recommend not doing anything to the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the white box, has worked perfectly, 3 days ago I unplugged it and plugged it back in 5 minutes later. Now I have no picture at all and there is a blue light flashing on my box? I have reset it, changed hdmi point the lot, but nothing is working? Help, had a major op and housebound with only terrestrial tv!!!!
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

HI Dora

You know, I've had a white box, in the recent past, which started to behave erratically after just getting over the two year mark. Rather than trying anything else, I bought myself a new black box at a discount price.

So, if your white box is over two or more years old you can then write it off as reaching the end of it's useful life.

I would strongly suggest that you buy a new black box, which is just as easy to set up as the white box and is more powerful.  You can either recycle the white box by sending it back to NowTV (by freepost, I think) or simply disposing of it.

However, if your white box is less than two years old then I'm sure other forum members will have some suggestion for you to try that may fix your problem.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ok, many thanks. So frustrating! It's 14 months old but in regular use.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Dora

I had another look at your first post and you said you had reset your white box, I assume by pressing the reset button which is in a small hole on the back of the device.

OK then, unfortunately the flashing light usually means that the box cannot find your wi-fi signal so first unplug your white box.  Then will have to restart your modem router, this will enable your router to re-acquire all your wi-fi and wired Internet devices.

After your modem router is back up and working, replug your white box and reinstall your wi-fi and account details.

Hopefully, this should now work.

Let us know how you get on.

UK Bob