cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Power light flashing

I have had my now box for a month now and it has worked fine upto now.

All I get is the white power light flashing and nothing else.

83 REPLIES 83
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, downstairs box went down this morning mid film, tried all the usual power off and hard reset to no avail and like others, the double flash for the last 10 hours! But the upstairs box appears good and unaffected.... Even picking up the point at which the film downstairs went off!

i realise there's a tech problem, but any ideas when it will be fixed?

thanks in advance 😶

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. It should be fixed now according to NOW TV - have you tried powering the box down for a few seconds then plugging back in? Seems to be working for most people, but if not follow the advice in the last post on here to contact NOW TV

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/NOW-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208#M353

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine literally did this 20 mins ago went and got my spare box from upstairs that was powered off plugged it all in using new leads connected to wifi and doing exact same thing. Sat watching both boxes constantly flash. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have used my NOW TV box twice but now it won't switch on at all. Have tried changing the batteries, the hdmi cable and resetting but to no avail. What should I do next?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Do you get any indication that the box is receiving power? Is the white light on at the front, does it flash when you press a button on the remote, or if you disconnect the power and reconnect does it flash steadily for a few seconds and then go solid white?

If you get no sign of power at all then it looks like it's 'dead'. If you bought the box direct from NOW TV you can go through the returns procedure here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Replace-faulty-NOW-TV-box

which also covers a few troubleshooting ideas that might help. If you bought it for a shop then you would need to return it there and ask for a replacement/repair under warranty.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well i have tried a reset, turning power off and the WIFI is conneted, but for some reason it will not even find my connection ( WIFI ) although as you can see its working fine as i can type on here and use youtude on my TV.

On a side note, i dont use a box on a older tv, but i have a new samsung and their is no app on it, so is their a way i can download the app if needed.

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Well i have tried a reset, turning power off and the WIFI is conneted, but for some reason it will not even find my connection ( WIFI ) although as you can see its working fine as i can type on here and use youtude on my TV.

On a side note, i dont use a box on a older tv, but i have a new samsung and their is no app on it, so is their a way i can download the app if needed.

Cheers

@Anonymous User

Sounds like the box might be trying to do a software update (can you gain access into the box menu settings to confirm what software version it's on).

A couple of things that you could also try, maybe doing a hard reset on the back of the box, you could also try a power reset on your Router.

Can you confirm the make of your Router that you have.

To answer, your last question, unfortunately at the moment Samsung does not offer a NowTV app for their smart televisions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much for the reply.

Thats a big shame about samsung..

I rebooted the nowtv box and the router, im with BT, so i have a home hub. For what ever reason its still not picking up my wirless connection but can detect others, would that lean to a problem my end?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I rebooted the nowtv box and the router, im with BT, so i have a home hub. For what ever reason its still not picking up my wirless connection but can detect others, would that lean to a problem my end?

@Anonymous User

This is a bit of a long shot, on the BThomehub router is your smart setup switched on ?

On my BT Router I always leave smart setup disabled (see link below how to disable smart setup on a BT Router).

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

Might be worth a go.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User

When you said that you rebooted the NowTv box, was that by unplugging the mains power to the box ?

Did you try the hard reset on the back of the box by pressing the Pin reset (see help article linked below, this is for the black box, but the same method is used for the white box).

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Hard-Reset-NOW-TV-Box