cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
topsey
First Poster

Power light flashing

I have had my now box for a month now and it has worked fine upto now.

All I get is the white power light flashing and nothing else.

0 Thanks
80 Replies
Sue-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Power light flashing

Hi @topsey

Thank you for your post.

Please reset your box at the reap using a pin or paperclip, holding for at least 10 seconds.

This will take you back to the 'lets get started' screen

Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Power light flashing

Not sure if this helps but I noticed both my now boxes do this occasionally. if the WiFi connection is unavailable, for example the router is switched off or the router is on and worker but the connection with your ISP is unavailable (no internet) during bad weather/maintenance etc.
0 Thanks
hollietu
First Poster

New NOW TV box won't turn on

I have used my NOW TV box twice but now it won't switch on at all. Have tried changing the batteries, the hdmi cable and resetting but to no avail. What should I do next?

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: New NOW TV box won't turn on

@hollietu

Welcome to the forum.

Do you get any indication that the box is receiving power? Is the white light on at the front, does it flash when you press a button on the remote, or if you disconnect the power and reconnect does it flash steadily for a few seconds and then go solid white?

If you get no sign of power at all then it looks like it's 'dead'. If you bought the box direct from NOW TV you can go through the returns procedure here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Replace-faulty-NOW-TV-box

which also covers a few troubleshooting ideas that might help. If you bought it for a shop then you would need to return it there and ask for a replacement/repair under warranty.

apollo123
Occasional Poster

Flashing white light on box.

Well i have tried a reset, turning power off and the WIFI is conneted, but for some reason it will not even find my connection ( WIFI ) although as you can see its working fine as i can type on here and use youtude on my TV.

On a side note, i dont use a box on a older tv, but i have a new samsung and their is no app on it, so is their a way i can download the app if needed.

Cheers

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Re: Flashing white light on box.

@apollo123 wrote:

Well i have tried a reset, turning power off and the WIFI is conneted, but for some reason it will not even find my connection ( WIFI ) although as you can see its working fine as i can type on here and use youtude on my TV.

On a side note, i dont use a box on a older tv, but i have a new samsung and their is no app on it, so is their a way i can download the app if needed.

Cheers

@apollo123

Sounds like the box might be trying to do a software update (can you gain access into the box menu settings to confirm what software version it's on).

A couple of things that you could also try, maybe doing a hard reset on the back of the box, you could also try a power reset on your Router.

Can you confirm the make of your Router that you have.

To answer, your last question, unfortunately at the moment Samsung does not offer a NowTV app for their smart televisions.

apollo123
Occasional Poster

Thank you very much for the reply.

Thats a big shame about samsung..

I rebooted the nowtv box and the router, im with BT, so i have a home hub. For what ever reason its still not picking up my wirless connection but can detect others, would that lean to a problem my end?

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

@apollo123 wrote:

I rebooted the nowtv box and the router, im with BT, so i have a home hub. For what ever reason its still not picking up my wirless connection but can detect others, would that lean to a problem my end?

@apollo123

This is a bit of a long shot, on the BThomehub router is your smart setup switched on ?

On my BT Router I always leave smart setup disabled (see link below how to disable smart setup on a BT Router).

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Might be worth a go.

schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

@apollo123 wrote:

@apollo123

When you said that you rebooted the NowTv box, was that by unplugging the mains power to the box ?

Did you try the hard reset on the back of the box by pressing the Pin reset (see help article linked below, this is for the black box, but the same method is used for the white box).

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Hard-Reset-NOW-TV-Box