cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor service lack of response

I found out 3 weeks ago my white boxes no longer work. I spoke to some one on chat who emailed saying someone would get back to me at their earliest convenience. His words.... And still waiting. Very dissapointed with the service and attitude.... Feels like you don't actually want my custom...

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now stopped supporting white boxes at the beginning of October 2020. Some people got an e mail in Sept, you may find it in your spam.  I did not find out until the screen went blank.  no, they don't care and won't answer.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Best to get onto Live chat and see what can be done. 

Although in my opinion, they at best will offer a discounted Now TV stick. A very poor device when compared to full blown Roku sticks. 

Live chat

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Make sure to click "chat with an advisor"

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, been on live chat, 3-4 weeks ago, promised to email me with a resolution, nothing - went on live chat again today, promised they will be in touch soon.

So clearly not bothered if I spend my money elsewhere - I don't think they realise the power of social media these days when they deliver poor customer service - not just they have not provided a resolution, but the not informing me my boxes would become obsolete, and now not bothering to reply at all. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To be fair Now TV devices are dirt cheap. And with Black Friday coming no doubt there will be deals for far better devices such as Roku, which has Now TV on it. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fair comment - but I think the way they have treated me on this, means unless they resolve it to my satisfaction, I won't be using their services at all again.

The way they decommission a device without warning and promise to contact me with a resolution but still haven't after several weeks, means I don't want to be paying money over to a company like that unless they redress the situation. 

Pretty sure it's a sign of things to come, continued practice of taking devices you buy our of service and getting people to pay again - so maybe best to get out of that loop.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah still no excuse for poor service, especially for the money they charge for passes! You're better off finding a good deal on the Roku devices and then you're pretty much covered streaming wise (just bought a Streaming Stick+ from eBay and I'll be selling both my boxes soon). As a company, they always find ways to cut corners, not fix bugs BUT still charge as though we're paying for a premium service! 

If the same happened to me I'd be hesitant in purchasing from them again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What a joke!

They email me telling me to go oo live chat:

Please get back to us on Live chat or email for further action. Looking forward to hearing from you, Abbas

So I go on live chat, quote the case ref etc and they say:

I see that your case is been handling by the back end team.

They will get back to you via email at the earliest.

What a complete and utter farce!!!! 

I though the community had NOW TV staff on it? No?
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Most people’s white boxes were gathering dust in a forgotten bits box long before last September, and NowTV certainly had no interest in people blowing the dust off those and using them to blag a brand new Stick.

So the replacement programme was for those whose only, or main, source of NowTV was a still-active white box; something NowTV could tell from their usage records, and so they contacted as many of those as they could by email.

But that was far from certain to alert all those customers; so, since September, white boxes were warning their users that sunset was coming, and to contact NowTV about a replacement Stick.

So, two separate methods for warning white box users of the upcoming changes. Email, people might miss, sure; but having your box tell you, as you use it, that sunset is coming?

For regular, or only, white box users, it would be kind of a stretch to call that ‘no warning’.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am complaining about the customer service here. Of lack of rather.