cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PluggBox won't recognise Username/Password

Plugged in my NowTV box for the first time in ages, and it won't recognise my username/password.

I know it works as I can log into my account via my phone, but it won't recognise it on my box. I've even changed my password and still not working.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Those were sunset (NowTV-speak for no longer supported) on October 6th, and in fact were actively disabled so they would not present a future security risk.

As you have found.

If you had had it on in September, you would have seen messages displayed on it warning of the upcoming decommissioning, and you might even have got an email from NowTV offering you a Stick as a replacement, but that boat has now sailed.

Best get off to Curry’s, or similar retailer,  quick, before the new lockdown starts, and equip yourself with an up-to-date NowTV Stick, currently offered for £29.99 with a month’s Cinema and Entertainment passes, and a day’s Sports pass.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What colour is the box?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is a white box @RoyB 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Those were sunset (NowTV-speak for no longer supported) on October 6th, and in fact were actively disabled so they would not present a future security risk.

As you have found.

If you had had it on in September, you would have seen messages displayed on it warning of the upcoming decommissioning, and you might even have got an email from NowTV offering you a Stick as a replacement, but that boat has now sailed.

Best get off to Curry’s, or similar retailer,  quick, before the new lockdown starts, and equip yourself with an up-to-date NowTV Stick, currently offered for £29.99 with a month’s Cinema and Entertainment passes, and a day’s Sports pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've not used it for over a year so didn't see any message or get an email... so that's annoying!

Thanks for your help.