cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Playback issues

Hi, hoping you guys can help.

For the past few days now I've been suffering from playback issues that make watching NOW TV impossible.

When watching either movies or tv shows (e.g. Doctor strange, Criminal Minds or Westworld etc) it's been suffering from what only I can describe as bad buffering. Sometimes the video will continue to play with no sound for around a minute, at which point the video quality reduces massively followed by the NOW TV buffering swirl. It then either loads again and repeats shortly after or reports a fault PL-1. Other times I can view all the menus and library lists, however, when I select a show/movie it goes to the buffering swirl then followed by the PL-1 fault.

NOW TV is the only app on the EE TV box that has issues, other streaming apps like Netflix, Amazon Video, and YouTube are having no issues.

I have so far;

- Cycled power to EE TV box.

- Signed out of, then back into the account.

- Swapped from WiFi to Ethernet direct to EE router.

- Restarted router.

- Speed tested over wifi - 36mb download, 10mb upload.

- Reset EE TV settings to default.

- Found no way to remove and reinstall NOW TV app on EE TV box.

All of which have failed to rectify the issue. Currently, I'm a paying subscriber to the Entertainment package, and on trial for Movie package.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update,

Attempted to watch Westworld Session 2 on PC. Every minute (exactly) the top and bottom status play bars appear on screen (as if you the mouse, however, I disconnected all PC inputs to prove), the picture quality reduces drastically, then resumes as normal. Believe this rules out the EE TV box or Application, starting to believe it's a service issue with NOW TV.

Mike

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mike, 

I am having exactly the same issues.

All other services are working through the tv.

I have contacted EE and all my services and speed are fine but, trying towatch any box set on NOW tv is ridiculous with the exact problems you describe.

I have conducted the same tests and resets as yorself without any change in the faults even at differing times of the day.

How do we contact NOW tv?

David