cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pixelating constantly

Hello

Im a new customer just purchased my passes , im using a white box but the picture is unwatchable very disappointing.  I have restarted my router, upgraded the software on the box switched off and back on and altered picture size.

Can anybody help any advice is greatly received im happy to buy a black box if this will help but begrudge doing so if its not going to be any different.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello

Im a new customer just purchased my passes , im using a white box but the picture is unwatchable very disappointing.  I have restarted my router, upgraded the software on the box switched off and back on and altered picture size.

Can anybody help any advice is greatly received im happy to buy a black box if this will help but begrudge doing so if its not going to be any different.

Many thanks

@Anonymous User

Hi Brian 

Could you try these troubleshooting steps with your box they should help if it is the box causing the problem

Step 1: Unplug your NOW TV Box and router
  • Unplug both your wireless router and NOW TV Box.
  • Wait a few minutes. Then plug your router back in first, followed by your NOW TV Box.

You won’t need to set up your box after doing this. Just head over to the main menu and try the NOW TV app again.

Step 2: Reset your box

Check that your NOW TV box is plugged in first. This will return the box to its default factory settings.

• Locate the RESET hole at the back.
Step 3: Fix the connection to your network
Having trouble connecting your NOW TV Box to your Wi-Fi network? Try these quick fixes first:

• Are there only one or two bars showing on your Wi-Fi network icon? If so, try moving your NOW TV Box and/or router to make your connection stronger.
  • Make sure there are no serious obstructions like cement walls between your NOW TV Box and your router.
  • Check the correct router is selected on the 'Choose wireless network' screen.
  • Is your Wi-Fi network password entered correctly? Remember, passwords are case sensitive.
  • Have you turned off ‘SSID broadcasting’ on your router? If so, you’ll need to add your network from the 'Select Wireless Network' screen by selecting Add Network.
  • Try reconnecting with your router’s security turned off – this setting can sometimes interrupt the connection.

Seeing an error message onscreen when trying to connect your box? Check out our fixes for error code 011 or error code 014.

If none of these fixes work, and you don’t see any error messages on your screen, give these steps a go and try connecting to your network again.

Step 4: Manually adjust your data settings

Changing the amount of ‘bits’ of data (the techie term is bitrate) streaming through your NOW TV Box could improve your picture quality.

• Press these buttons on your remote control:

Home x5
Rewind x3
Fast Forward x2

You’ll see a screen with various bitrate options. Just select ‘Automatic’ and try watching your programme again.

Step 5: Move your NOW TV Box
Your wireless signal strength varies in different parts of your home. For instance, certain household appliances or thick walls can block it, or there may even be ‘dead spots’.

Depending on where your NOW TV is located, you may notice an improvement if you reposition it. Simply move it closer to your wireless router and check if that makes a difference.

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a similar thread yet not a single person from NOW could be bothered to respond! this is the same apalling "customer service" as before.

I have taken all your steps and it is still making it impossible to view a movie. at this rate I am going to call sky and complain about the utter lack of help from here and see about getting a refund for my passes.

it seems NOW doesnt care about customers still

Anonymous User
Not applicable
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest, what type of content are you viewing?