cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pixelated blurry and buffering

I am really struggling with my now TV picture. Often it is OK, but then it starts buffering and when it comes back it is blurry and pixelated and unwatchable. I have tried resetting the box, the router, and reducing the speed from automatic all the way down, but nothing helps. If I Ieave it for a few hours sometimes it is OK when I come back, sometimes not. Sometimes it just resolves spontaneously. Sometimes it fluctuates between watchable and not during the same show. The problem only started about six weeks ago, but there was nothing new or different on our network. I am watching wirelessly on a white now TV box. My ISP is virgin and my speed is over 30mbps today - usually over 50mbps. Thank you for any help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

As I said originally its a white Now TV box, with a wireless connection....

Oh sorry Donna, my mistake Smiley Embarassed

Sufficed to say the technology in the old 'white' boxes is pretty dated now, not to mention it's wireless capabilities. By contrast, the newer (small form factor) black box offers far more grunt along with both wired and wireless connectivity.

If you are interested, Agos are currently offering the following NOW TV 'bundle' deals: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 6 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £19.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 4 month 'Cinema' pass @ £19.99

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

If you have one of the 'first generation' white NOW TV boxes (which were originally launched back in July 2013), it could be slowly dying and require replacing Smiley Surprised

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for your reply. As I said originally its a white Now TV box, with a wireless connection. The bottom of the box says model number 24005K. I don't want to go and buy another box though if its going to have exactly the same problem. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

As I said originally its a white Now TV box, with a wireless connection....

Oh sorry Donna, my mistake Smiley Embarassed

Sufficed to say the technology in the old 'white' boxes is pretty dated now, not to mention it's wireless capabilities. By contrast, the newer (small form factor) black box offers far more grunt along with both wired and wireless connectivity.

If you are interested, Agos are currently offering the following NOW TV 'bundle' deals: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 6 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £19.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 4 month 'Cinema' pass @ £19.99

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thank you for your reply. That makes sense - I do use it a lot and it is pretty old. So I've ordered one from Argos, thank you 🙂