cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture quality is terrible on White Now box

Picture quality is terrible on White Now box connected to Panasonic HD ready TV. On NFL, can't read the names on jerseys when players move. Quality is watchable when no-one is moving (like when an interview is happening) but stil pixelated, but things that move become heavily pixelated. Cricket was OK this morning, but films are low quality too. No buffering issues, and never had this problem before this last month or two; Broadband, TV and Now box have not changed recently.

Anyone have a solution or diagnosis for this?

3 REPLIES 3
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Out of interest are you able to let us know what kind of speeds you see when you see the poor quality? - you can check this by going to speedtest.net

Another factor could be if you have any motion smoothing settings turned on on your TV that are causing blurring during motion. I believe Panasonic call this the "motion picture setting" 

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happening to me as well and it is not just on the TV but also through the app on ipad.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

This is happening to me as well and it is not just on the TV but also through the app on ipad.

@Anonymous User

Hi John

Could you check what kind of broadband speeds you are receiving as you require a minimum speed of 2.5 Mbps

Could you also try some of the steps on the following link

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Buffering-All-devices

Thanks

Aaron