cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

One account, two boxes, one each in different houses?

If I have an account I can add up to 4 devices to, does it matter if I have two boxes, one each in different homes? Is location an issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

As long as both locations are in the UK that is fine.

Just be aware before you go ahead of a few issues worth thinking about, in case it affects your decision.

Firstly, I’d recommend adding a payment PIN to the account as it would be possible for someone in the other house to purchase passes on the box (either accidentally or on purpose) which you might not want to happen. You can enable your PIN here

http://account.nowtv.com/payment-pin

Secondly, it sometimes happens that the NOW TV app on the box signs itself out. If this happens someone has to enter the NOW TV username and password again (the same will happen if ever the box needs resetting e.g. if it freezes). So either you’d need to enter this yourself or you need to be happy to give your username and password to someone at the other end (which in turn means they can access your account and make changes if they wanted to).

Thirdly, you can only watch NOW TV on 2 devices at the same time- so if you are both watching a box at the same time and someone else in your house wanted to e.g watch on a tablet or mobile, they wouldn’t be able to until one of the boxes stopped.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

As long as both locations are in the UK that is fine.

Just be aware before you go ahead of a few issues worth thinking about, in case it affects your decision.

Firstly, I’d recommend adding a payment PIN to the account as it would be possible for someone in the other house to purchase passes on the box (either accidentally or on purpose) which you might not want to happen. You can enable your PIN here

http://account.nowtv.com/payment-pin

Secondly, it sometimes happens that the NOW TV app on the box signs itself out. If this happens someone has to enter the NOW TV username and password again (the same will happen if ever the box needs resetting e.g. if it freezes). So either you’d need to enter this yourself or you need to be happy to give your username and password to someone at the other end (which in turn means they can access your account and make changes if they wanted to).

Thirdly, you can only watch NOW TV on 2 devices at the same time- so if you are both watching a box at the same time and someone else in your house wanted to e.g watch on a tablet or mobile, they wouldn’t be able to until one of the boxes stopped.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have two now tv boxes One each in two houses  First house all ok ,another box different house five miles away won't let me enter code off tv .Any help please 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like there is something on your Router setup in the second home blocking you from entering / accepting the activation code on the second box.

i am assuming when you tried too setup both boxes with the activation code you used the same PC / mobile device and internet browser on both of them, just in case there was a device / browser incompatibility ?

Can you get access to the second home and temporary take the second box to the first home to see if you can activate the code from the television screen to set up the non working box ?

Then if the above works, take the box back to the second home to then see if it will play nicely with your Router.