cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv box won't accept WiFi password

For the last 2-3 days my now tv white box (which is about 2 years old but should surely last longer) has been unable to load any entertainment programmes or movies. It's not the Internet connection as everything else is working fine. Today, I reset the box(even the Internet connection) thinking that it needs a reset as sometimes electronics do but when the start up screen came on where you have to input your WiFi password, it would even accept it. It keeps saying wrong password (and I know it's not as it is done in all capitals) my WiFi router accepts the mac address as well but it still won't accept the password. I have also tried the secret screen and disabled the pings but still won't accept. I will be cancelling my subscription so they don't charge me in 2 days when the fee is due. Anyone else has this problem?
4 REPLIES 4
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Have you tried re-booting your router by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 - 60 seconds before reconnecting the power?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I have. I've tried every every reset I can think of.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

Provided your password  does not contain any special charactors such as an &, @, <, >, etc you should be okay...

The old 'white' NOW TV boxes are usually more prone to having issues when running third-party apps (such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, etc). They are usually okay when running the NOW TV app!

If your 'white' boxes memory is at its limits I guess you could try deleting some apps to see if it helps. However, if the problem persits you're probably better off treating yourself to the newer 'black' NOW TV box.

By contrast, the 'black' boxes which were released in Aug 2015 offer twice the RAM memory and a faster 'dual' core CPU. And can be connected to the internet via WiFi or wired ethernet.

Every now and again, various retails offer NOW TV 'bundle' deals, where you can buy a 'black' box together with either 'Entertainment' or 'Cinema' voucher passes for a lot less than buying the two products separately.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem too. It was all fine until I switched form ee to sky as broadband provider. Guess I will be cancelling my sky now tv subsscription.

Or Maybe Sky can tell me how to actually make their equipment work together.