cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spent an after noon trying to connrct now tv box to bt home hub 3 using Hub`s admin password because a password was asked for.!!!!!

My grandson connected after two minutes using the Hub`s wireless key !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community.

Sounds like you've had a fun afternoon! Yep, it's the wireless name (SSID) and wireless password you use to connect your box to your local network. I'm guessing your grandson has now got you up and running? If you're still having any problems feel free to post back, otherwise enjoy using your new box! 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have recently installed a Virgin Hub. I did not select my wifi network name from the list shown by Now TV, but selected Private Network. I then typed in my wifi network name (same as that included on list) and then the wifi password. The Now TV box then connected.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi.
I have tried everything on this thread and nothing is working, the app on my phone is working but my box won't connect, I have a BT Hub 5 and the internet is working.
Please help
Emma
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The following should help you sort out the problem you're having with the now TV box.

Resetting your now TV box/error code 14

please enter the following sequence of keys in fairly quick succession

1. Home (5x)

2. FF

3. play

4. RR

5. Play

6. FF

Once you've done this after a second or two secret screen will pop-up. Here you should see two options. You will be interested in.

1. Disable network pings.

2. System reset (Standard reset not hard reset you will not need to re-enter your details into the box)

I would recommend that you disabled network pings and then restart your now TV box. Quite a lot of routers don't like the way the box behaves when network pings are enabled

Let me know how you get on

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

PS if this does not help I have got another suggestion you could try

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I tried that and it hasn't helped, any other suggestions??
Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to hear you're still having this issue @Anonymous User 

Although you've tried the steps listed by @commanda6 it's perhaps worth watching the following video to see if the steps included are any different to what you've already tried. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWFkqp3CYqw

If that doesn't help, it may also be worth moving your box to a different position in relation to your router, and also unplugging both your NOW TV Box and router for a few minutes. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box worked fine until yesterday. Now it can't find the network - the network hasn't changed! It can see all my neighbours wifi signals from all around but not the signal from a router a few metres away! I've disabled pings, tried resets, reboots - nothing!! zero signal. Can anyone explain? The wifi is working perfectly with many other devices - 2 ipads, imac, Asus tablet samsung phone etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router let us know the make and model, plus who your Internet is with and I'm sure someone can provide the steps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its a Sky router and I've tried restarting it as well. Don't know about changing channels.