cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Purple Screen No picture

Hi i've seen the post here

http://help.nowtv.com/HelpArticle?id=kA1G0000000CuoxKAC&topicKey=NOW_TV_Box|NOW%20TV%20Box|1&selecte...

Last modified 20 Nov 2013

that says the HDMI Lead is the problem ?

this is the lead that was provided with the NowTV Box so do we have to buy another lead ?

i have re-set the box still the same problem, internet speed is ok 20mb +

buying new leads wont solve the problem imo as i have other HDMI Shielded leads and HDMI Leads on my Sky box i have tried them all with the NowTV Box they all have the same problem ? when connected to the NowTV Box Purple screen no picture the Sound is ok.

Is there any ideas how to resolve it ?. numerous leads dont work

is it a Box Firmware problem ?

Thanks

168 REPLIES 168
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried everything that people have suggested in this thread and still getting a purple screen. Had the box for over a year now and suddenly getting purple screen all the time. Don't really want to fork out for a new box but cannot think what else to do.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you're suddenly having the purple screen issue.

Has anything about your TV/Entertainment set-up changed during this time?

Additionally, have you tried using a new HDMI cable to ensure that the cable itself hasn't become faulty?

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hey @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you're suddenly having the purple screen issue.

Has anything about your TV/Entertainment set-up changed during this time?

Additionally, have you tried using a new HDMI cable to ensure that the cable itself hasn't become faulty?

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Nothing has changed in the setup since I bought the box. As I said I've tried everything suggested in this thread - new cable, cable swapped round, different ways of turning off both TV and box, different TV and finally factory reset but still have purple screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The only thing I found that works was to use the analogue input with the
adaptor lead. I used the nokia n95 video lead from amazon and it works for
my daughters tv. It wont give HD quality though.
I think its a security problem as the nowtv box seems to think you can
record the programs. Overkill as if you wanted to record them there are
much easier ways.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also had the purple screen and read through these threads and found lots of response but tried the plug out the TV and then plug in and it worked straight away. Now TV maybe advise your customers to do this instead of wasting their time with sending new boxes and buying new cables.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your tip and welcome to the community.  Hopefully it will work for other members too.  It has actaully been suggested in another thread as a possibel solution http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box/purple-screen-of-death/m-p/278000#M20774  !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So tried everything on this thread now, even bought a new now tv box today and also getting a purple screen from it. Don't really want to fork out for a new tv as both of the ones we have work fine and show freeview.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

Can you please let us know if you have tried the NOW TV Boxes on different TVs? 

You may also want to try turning the ends of the HDMI cable around. 

You may also find some more information within this link here. 

Many Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

Can you please let us know if you have tried the NOW TV Boxes on different TVs? 

You may also want to try turning the ends of the HDMI cable around. 

You may also find some more information within this link here. 

Many Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Tried swapping cables, turning them round and tried both boxes on the two different tv's we have, tried everything suggested on this thread. Up until a few weeks before christmas the fist box had been working fine on it's tv for over a year then purple screen all the time since then but nothing had been changed with box and tv setup.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having such issues with your NOW TV BOX. If you haven't already can you make sure that there are no updates on your TVs that need to be completed. Again if you haven't already can you try a shielded HDMI and make sure no other devices are connected to the TV. 

Thanks

Ranj

NOW TV Team