cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Purple Screen No picture

Hi i've seen the post here

http://help.nowtv.com/HelpArticle?id=kA1G0000000CuoxKAC&topicKey=NOW_TV_Box|NOW%20TV%20Box|1&selecte...

Last modified 20 Nov 2013

that says the HDMI Lead is the problem ?

this is the lead that was provided with the NowTV Box so do we have to buy another lead ?

i have re-set the box still the same problem, internet speed is ok 20mb +

buying new leads wont solve the problem imo as i have other HDMI Shielded leads and HDMI Leads on my Sky box i have tried them all with the NowTV Box they all have the same problem ? when connected to the NowTV Box Purple screen no picture the Sound is ok.

Is there any ideas how to resolve it ?. numerous leads dont work

is it a Box Firmware problem ?

Thanks

168 REPLIES 168
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Try leaving tv on and switching off power supply to NOW TV box, then back on again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have done that - this is the umpteenth time it has happened and it is very frustrating.  NOW tv need to resolve this but seemingly do not want to know. All you get from them is buy another HD cable. I refuse to buy yet another cable as that is not the issue it is their issue which they are not fixing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User but the issue is your tv is reporting that it can capture the video content, which is why the NowTV box purples the video stream to protect the IP rights of the content holders. Conecting the NowTV box directly to a HDMI port on the TV and not as a pass through of either a console or HDMI switch can help, as can purchasing a shielded HDMI cable as advised already.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply but it is plugged directly into the TV. I could understand if it was a purple screen all the time but it's intermittant and I have umpteen hdmi cables shielded & otherwise & it still happens. Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear that the issue is still ongoing.

Do you have another TV to try?

Kind regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Why do I have to buy a cable to fix a problem with your product?

Shouldn't it be the other way around.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've already got new hdmi cables from Amazon but it turns out that's not the problem.  I can't even get the box to start on my TV.

I think it'd be cheaper for me to scrap now tv and try Apple rather then buy a new telly I don't want.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Have you tried factory resetting the box? Did the job for me
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I really  wish i read all the posts and not just the first 2 pages. I've  been  and brought  a new hdmi a good quality  1 as after reading i tthought  that would solve the  purple  screen  problem  but it didn't,  so i read on and all i needed to do was unplug  my tv and plug it back in. Problem  solved.  Maybe that solution  could bd put on the first pageto save ppeople  wasting  money

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi don't know if you have solved the problem yet but I just got home from work and had same issues I tried swapping HDMI cables, ports updating box and TV still same problems, then tried 1 last thing which was FACTORY RESET your TV and re-install it after and worked 1st time 🙂 good luck people