cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Purple Screen No picture

Hi i've seen the post here

http://help.nowtv.com/HelpArticle?id=kA1G0000000CuoxKAC&topicKey=NOW_TV_Box|NOW%20TV%20Box|1&selecte...

Last modified 20 Nov 2013

that says the HDMI Lead is the problem ?

this is the lead that was provided with the NowTV Box so do we have to buy another lead ?

i have re-set the box still the same problem, internet speed is ok 20mb +

buying new leads wont solve the problem imo as i have other HDMI Shielded leads and HDMI Leads on my Sky box i have tried them all with the NowTV Box they all have the same problem ? when connected to the NowTV Box Purple screen no picture the Sound is ok.

Is there any ideas how to resolve it ?. numerous leads dont work

is it a Box Firmware problem ?

Thanks

168 REPLIES 168
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User worth swapping over the boxes and then the hdmi cables to see if the problem says with them or the TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi have done all of that,have updated HDMI for the dvd player,is the Samsung tv now box is not compataible,as the lg in the other room works fine,even with swapping the boxes over!!! Kindest 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for this information!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've experienced the same problem within a few weeks of using NOW TV.

I brought a shielded HTMI cable  and that seemed to work until last night. The purple screen with sound was back.

The solution for me was to leave the purple screen with sound running, but to switch the TV set off and on at the mains.

That's my diy solution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

so reading back through this thread I think we can safely say that most Tvs work okay but some TVs have a handshaking problem with NowTv boxes that may have a temporary fix of forcing a handshake via a hard reset of the TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable
How do you hard reset a tv?! And why should I need to?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this problem. My box has been working fine until today now I just get the purple screen?!?! I have not touched anything just turned the stupid thing on. I have a movies subscription that is useless, PLEASE provide a fix ASAP. This is not acceptable!!!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I resolved this myself-unplugged the TV and plugged in. This isn't ideal so maybe Now TV should be looking at a fix for this in one of their software updates. Crazy!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
The purple screen as I understand is down to an Hdmi hand shaking problem. It is a copyright protection safeguard, the solution is as you have found to switch off and start again.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks - I think though there should be some quicker & easier ways to find out this info, maybe they could provide a more comprehensive FAQ.  Very frustrating to sit down, start to watch a film & then spend 30 mins trying different things.

I could understand if it was a new tv, cable etc but I had not changed anything since I set this up a month ago.