cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Purple Screen No picture

Hi i've seen the post here

http://help.nowtv.com/HelpArticle?id=kA1G0000000CuoxKAC&topicKey=NOW_TV_Box|NOW%20TV%20Box|1&selecte...

Last modified 20 Nov 2013

that says the HDMI Lead is the problem ?

this is the lead that was provided with the NowTV Box so do we have to buy another lead ?

i have re-set the box still the same problem, internet speed is ok 20mb +

buying new leads wont solve the problem imo as i have other HDMI Shielded leads and HDMI Leads on my Sky box i have tried them all with the NowTV Box they all have the same problem ? when connected to the NowTV Box Purple screen no picture the Sound is ok.

Is there any ideas how to resolve it ?. numerous leads dont work

is it a Box Firmware problem ?

Thanks

168 REPLIES 168
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi all, got me dad a nowtv box from the nowtv website, had been working fine for a couple of months, today we now get sound but no picture, just purple screen, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Hi @Anonymous User

This sounds like a high-definition content protection issue (HDCP). Try disconnecting the now TV box from your TV (disconnect the HDMI cable at both ends) and then reconnect  to the box and your TV.

If the above does not work you probably need to replace the HDMI cable.

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The box is literally a few months old, really not happy with this at all. 

I am fairly familiar with the product, I have a NOW TV and Roku 3 myself

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with the NOW TV Box.

I've sent you an email regarding this so please keep an eye out for it.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi rich l, 

I have also got a purple screen on my now box(white)  Have tried it on all aps we disconnected and reset etc  thing is we have several boxes and so far this is the only one with this problem.  my question is, is this a major problem?? And will this happen to my other white boxes ?? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again just checked our 2 other white boxes and they are all purple screen. we have not Cheked our black box yet 

Is this down to an update or something 

As you can gather rather worried about this 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's not the boxes but the TV or HDMI cable. Have you got any other TVs you can try with? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

As @Anonymous User says it's worth checking hdmi cable

I had purple screen problem with RokuLT ( on which while box is based) and it never happened again after I replaced hdmi cable with one of better quality.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, tried that and hard reset, neither have worked.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Rich new box arrived perfect. Problem is i added my ROKU on 1st September so it won't lwt me add the new box to the account is there anyway round this?

Thanks in advance
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I'll get this sorted for you, keep an eye on your emails.

Birgit

NOW TV Team