cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Purple Screen No picture

Hi i've seen the post here

http://help.nowtv.com/HelpArticle?id=kA1G0000000CuoxKAC&topicKey=NOW_TV_Box|NOW%20TV%20Box|1&selecte...

Last modified 20 Nov 2013

that says the HDMI Lead is the problem ?

this is the lead that was provided with the NowTV Box so do we have to buy another lead ?

i have re-set the box still the same problem, internet speed is ok 20mb +

buying new leads wont solve the problem imo as i have other HDMI Shielded leads and HDMI Leads on my Sky box i have tried them all with the NowTV Box they all have the same problem ? when connected to the NowTV Box Purple screen no picture the Sound is ok.

Is there any ideas how to resolve it ?. numerous leads dont work

is it a Box Firmware problem ?

Thanks

168 REPLIES 168
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Every time I start watching something on Now TV after about 15 minutes The picture freezes and I get kicked out to The animated purple Now Tv screen.Also The white light on The (White) box keeps flashing,which I believe means The box is trying to connect to The internet.According to The WiFi settings on my box I have an excellent connection.I've tried doing a forced update,switching The box off and on again,and doing a reset.

I will add that once The box is up and running again It's very stable and doesn't give any problem,It's just those very annoying first 15 minutes.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

How long have you had your 'white' NOW TV box? It might have developed a fault...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
  • Had it about 2 years ......might need to buy a new box though this one works ok after the initial 15 mins.

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User,

How long have you had your 'white' NOW TV box? It might have developed a fault...

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

Retailers such as Argos, Currys, Tesco, Amazon and even John Lewis often sell NOW TV 'black' boxes 'bundled' together with either 'Entertainment' or Cinema' voucher passes. Indeed, if you're interested, Argos are currently offering the following 'bundle' deals: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 3 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £14.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 2 month 'Cinema' pass @ £14.99

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Retailers such as Argos, Currys, Tesco, Amazon and even John Lewis often sell NOW TV 'black' boxes 'bundled' together with either 'Entertainment' or Cinema' voucher passes. Indeed, if you're interested, Argos are currently offering the following 'bundle' deals: -

Cheers

Aye....Saw those,Be getting another box tomorrow.....bought my box to watch game of thrones season 4....so it is a bit long in the tooth.......and Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Cheers

Aye....Saw those,Be getting another box tomorrow.....bought my box to watch game of thrones season 4....so it is a bit long in the tooth.......and Thanks

Well got a new black box and everything is ok....Seems more responsive to....PC world £14.99 😄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had this problem all day today none of your advice works and your live chat is useless. Now I'm stuck with a faulty now TV box
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User where did you buy it from and when? Do you still have the receipt?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.