cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Purple Screen No picture

Hi i've seen the post here

http://help.nowtv.com/HelpArticle?id=kA1G0000000CuoxKAC&topicKey=NOW_TV_Box|NOW%20TV%20Box|1&selecte...

Last modified 20 Nov 2013

that says the HDMI Lead is the problem ?

this is the lead that was provided with the NowTV Box so do we have to buy another lead ?

i have re-set the box still the same problem, internet speed is ok 20mb +

buying new leads wont solve the problem imo as i have other HDMI Shielded leads and HDMI Leads on my Sky box i have tried them all with the NowTV Box they all have the same problem ? when connected to the NowTV Box Purple screen no picture the Sound is ok.

Is there any ideas how to resolve it ?. numerous leads dont work

is it a Box Firmware problem ?

Thanks

168 REPLIES 168
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Switching TV off and on doesn't help

Either unplug-replug HDMI or flip through 9 inputs
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Switching TV off and on doesn't help

Either unplug-replug HDMI or flip through 9 inputs

@Anonymous User Do you have another lead you can try? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have tried 4 HDMI cables including the official one in the box.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I have tried 4 HDMI cables including the official one in the box.

@Anonymous User @Jason-C @SeeMoreDigital

Any ideas? 🙂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Try switching the power off to the TV and Box and unplug all cables.

Leave for a minute, and reconnect cables to the TV and then the box.

Power everything back on, wait for a few minutes and until the box connects and starts up and then should be sorted. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Anonymous User @Jason-C @SeeMoreDigital Any ideas? 🙂

Well....

The NOW TV boxes 'Display type' output mode should really be set to '720p HD TV' as I doubt a 2008 television's HDMI chip-set correctly supports '1080p signals'. Indeed, it's far more likely to support '1080i signals'. 

And if the NOW TV box is directly connected to an HDMI switch, splitter or surround sound amplifier, this might cause issues...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Mine had this problem a lot and I had to buy numerous cables no more cheapos
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Mine had this problem a lot and I had to buy numerous cables no more cheapos

Mine are cheap leads and I've never had that message. 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

for first time in a year am getting hdcp unauthorised content disabled! get sound no picture! tried resetting- tried unpligging internet and box and replugging- re set password and went thro whole entering internet and now tv box passswords etc nothing working CAN ANYONE HELP?? cant get through to live chat have lg tv on hd setting-never had this prob before  going uts! 😞

Legend 5
Legend 5
Hi @Anonymous User this might be helpful http://help.nowtv.com/article/Purple-screen-with-sound-NOW-TV-box .
Also is your LG smart?
When you say can't get through to live chat do you mean it is busy or you can't find it?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.