cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Purple Screen No picture

Hi i've seen the post here

http://help.nowtv.com/HelpArticle?id=kA1G0000000CuoxKAC&topicKey=NOW_TV_Box|NOW%20TV%20Box|1&selecte...

Last modified 20 Nov 2013

that says the HDMI Lead is the problem ?

this is the lead that was provided with the NowTV Box so do we have to buy another lead ?

i have re-set the box still the same problem, internet speed is ok 20mb +

buying new leads wont solve the problem imo as i have other HDMI Shielded leads and HDMI Leads on my Sky box i have tried them all with the NowTV Box they all have the same problem ? when connected to the NowTV Box Purple screen no picture the Sound is ok.

Is there any ideas how to resolve it ?. numerous leads dont work

is it a Box Firmware problem ?

Thanks

168 REPLIES 168
Anonymous User
Not applicable
The purple screen is a problem that makes me scratch my head, I haven't had it with Now TV but here is the story.
I had a BTTV box that consistently gave a purple screen and a handshake error, solved by simply switching it off and on. Changing HDMI sockets/cables achieved nothing. No other devices were an issue. Changed to YouView box and haven't seen the issue since. Same cables.

Suggests

1. HDMI socket issue ie hardware
2. Software issue

I wish I knew the answer
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I also have this problem
I've had new box delivered have tripled shirked hdmi still purple screen and sound can someone tell me what to do on only a now tv
Box without sky please?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michelle4325,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, sorry to hear you've been experiencing difficulties.

Could you please try detaching and reattaching the HDMI cable from your NOW TV box? This should help resolve the issue, however if the problem continues, you’ll need to replace your HDMI cable with a shielded HDMI cable.

Let us know if you continue to experience any difficulties.

Kind Regards,

Sal

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I am havin the same problem, difference is I know the now tv box works because I took it from a working location (working for months at my flat) plugged it into a tv that I know works in a different location (streamed video it with a with a laptop via hdmi to this tv/location)I have plugged now tv box into the same cable and I get the startup screen, but for example if I go into sky news I get sound but a purple screen. I then tried another cable - same result - I then plugged my laptop into the cable and it works fine and streams video. So something on the now tv box stops it working with this particular tv or perhaps network (one was BT and one was KC)

apart from trying another tv, is there anything else to try because this must be a common problem...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Keveasthull,

Thank you for your post.

Please try the advice Sal-H gave in her reply above your post.

Thanks,

Zaheer

NOW TV Team.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

I've had 2 boxes bought a triple shielded hdmi . 5 weeks later they now said buy an AV cable and connect it that way?? Complete waste of time as my 3 months movie pass has wasted 5weeks of contacting technical support only for them to say unplug it/get shielded cable/ try it on a different tv (I don't have one) they sent new box it had same problem I even sent them my Samsung tv model to see if it was compatible? No problem they said. If anyone has any advice as technical has been no help at all, then I'd greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Zaheer, did you actually read my message? I said I tried 2 different hdmi cables, even though one of them has been working fine with this box in a different location for months, so it follows that I did reseat the hdmi cable. Anyway I have fixed it now, re-read my message and add that I now have a different TV in situ and that works fine. So it also follows and I have proved, that the hdmi input on some tvs are not compatible with now tv, even though they work and strem fine with other devices...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User thanks for sharing this. Gives us more of an insight to maybe what you're saying could be a factor in some of the issues in this thread.

Char

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure if this throws a curve ball but here goes.

I have had a Nowtv box since Christmas and it has worked perfectly. I ordered a second box for use on a second TV  and once connected I experienced the purple screen issue.

Being in the position of now having two boxes, I swapped boxes whilst leaving leads connected to the TV's. The same box still had the same purple screen issues.

Having only swapped the boxes and not the leads, surely this rules out a problem with the leads?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

i have the same problem,i have 2 Now boxes,1 linked to a 7yr old lg works fine. The other to a 3 month old Samsung Plasma Purple screen,suggests to me that not compatabile???

Kindest