cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Purple Screen No picture

Hi i've seen the post here

http://help.nowtv.com/HelpArticle?id=kA1G0000000CuoxKAC&topicKey=NOW_TV_Box|NOW%20TV%20Box|1&selecte...

Last modified 20 Nov 2013

that says the HDMI Lead is the problem ?

this is the lead that was provided with the NowTV Box so do we have to buy another lead ?

i have re-set the box still the same problem, internet speed is ok 20mb +

buying new leads wont solve the problem imo as i have other HDMI Shielded leads and HDMI Leads on my Sky box i have tried them all with the NowTV Box they all have the same problem ? when connected to the NowTV Box Purple screen no picture the Sound is ok.

Is there any ideas how to resolve it ?. numerous leads dont work

is it a Box Firmware problem ?

Thanks

168 REPLIES 168
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem solved seems many Sky box's have had a software update this has caused many HDCP Connection Errors with the sky box

My sky box had this error too i couldnt watch sky via the HDMI Connection or NowTV

solved
while the tv was on i turned the sky box off with the remote into standby / then unplugged it from the mains for 3mins
while waiting i turn the TV Off with its power button / i didnt put tv into standby with the remote

i re-booted the sky box by reconnecting it to the mains power
and waited 5mins or so for the sky box to reboot

i restarted the sky box with the remote standby button and waited 2 mins
Then pressed the backup button on the sky remote 2 times to get the sky box off the info / back up button screen

i then turned the TV On with the power button

hey presto the sky box now viewable on the HDMI Connection
and without touching the NowTV Box PURPLE SCREEN GONE NowTV Box working as normal again on the other TV HDMI Connection

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User thanks so much for posting this to everyone as a solution to this issue.

Much appreciated and happy viewing Smiley Happy

Char

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could a NowTV person translate this solution nto a set of instructions for someone without a sky box, please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you may need to disconnect and then reattach your HDMI cable or better yet try a different one. This will determine if it's the cable or the Box itself.

Char

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've done the swapping of the NowTV HDMI cable etc, without effect.  Please see the first message on this thread!  My request for a purely NowTV translation referred to the solution given in the second message - can you tell me what the equivalent would be in the absence of the sky box it suggests?  There isn't an On/Off switch on the NowTV remote, is there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you cannot switch the NOW TV Box off but you can reset the Box.

Not sure if the solution posted with the Sky box can be replicated but we should probably ask @Anonymous User  whom worked this out?

Char

NOW TV Team

Happy 2014 Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@dene93...A big thankyou. Followed your instructions and hey presto.. Many thanks.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A purple screen can be caused by HDCP handshake errors. Either a fault with the cable or the TV does not support HDCP. This is used to provide a secure transfer of image date to prevent the use of copying devices. It's built into the hardware on the Now TV box and cannot be disabled.

Try another HDMI cable and make sure the Now TV box is the only device plugged in. If you have anything else connected to the AV ports then remove them for testing as well. If you have the Now TV box connected to an AV receiver such as the one provided with speakers then try switching to a different input.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

But I'm told that if a TV has an HDMI port, then it must also support HDCP.

And the first thread on this subject reveals that, for that user, HDMI cables are vanishingly unlikely to be the fault.

I'm perplexed.  But it sounds as if @Anonymous User has a solution.  It would be extremely useful if he, or someone else, could translate that to a NOW-only context (presumably using the NOW reset instead of the Sky on-off switch?).