cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv keeps freezing

My Now TV keeps freezing. It was fine for a week but now freezes every few seconds as I'm watching an episode on Boardwalk Empire. This is very irritating. According to the settings it has a good connection to the Wifi. Can you help please?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous User

Thanks for joining us here on our forum!

I'm sorry to hear about your box freezing every now and then 😞 We should start off with a hard reset to get everything cleared up.

You can find out how to do that by clicking here.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

Thanks!

Ryan

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

I have tried this and for the first day succeeded but now the same thing freezing keeps happening. Is the box faulty?

Thank you,

Philly
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this issue is still occurring.

Can you tell us if this is happening with all shows or just a specific episode of Boardwalk Empire?

If it's happening with all tv shows, can you please try changing the wifi channel on your router to one between 1 - 6 to see if that helps

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Rich,

This is a plug and play in theory? I'm afraid I'm not a tech wiz. Can you just send a new box. I think this is faulty.
It happens on all episodes and Its becoming tiresome.

Thank you,

Philly
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I'm sorry for the issues you have encountered with your NOW TV Box. 

Can you please try turning your wireless router on and off and then try reconnecting to see how that goes? 

I know you have stated that your box has an excellent connection, but this does not take into account the speed that your box is receiving. 

Is it freezing/Loading when you are playing content or when you browse the menus? 

Are you able to let us know when your purchased the Box? 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is doing the exact same thing and I’m locked into a 2 year contract with BT I feel robbed even their live tv keeps pausing been doing it about a month after I got it never again will I subscribe to this 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

For all things Now TV via BT you’ll need to get in touch with BT directly for them to resolve the issues on the BT YouView boxes.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help