cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box white - no longer working

Hi.

wondering if anyone can help my white now tv box isn’t working? I went to watch my film and it says device no longer supported, I was only watching it last night. My friend said she was sent a now tv stick as a replacement. How do we apply to be sent a new replacement? Seeing as the box was paid for by myself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User white boxes have been displaying a warning for about 6 weeks that the device would no longer work after October 6th. If it's the only device you use to access NowTV then you may be offered a free NowTV stick. If you use other devices to access your account and watch NowTV then you may have to pay for a NowTV stick.

You can email

customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces)

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I understand the principle but I think it’s just disgusting that they want to take more cash from everyone. How did they decide who got them and who didn’t?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sorry mate but that I cannot answer. All I know is some/most had to contact Now TV directly to get a free or discounted Now TV stick.

Personally I think it would be a good thing that Now TV finally stop selling and producing their own devices. That way they can completely focus on the app itself. 

More so with the deal that finally allowed Now TV on Amazon fire devices very recently.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah thanks anyway mate, I’m just a bit disgusted that especially in the times where everyone is struggling with finances that they brick the device. It’s the device that I use to watch on demand on my tv too, I know it’s only 30 quid or something to get a chrome cast or similar but it’s the principle of the thing. I just hate being ripped off. Worst customer service ever 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not a problem. It’s the problem where Now TV started to provide their own devices whilst having the app available across many others.

If Now TV didn’t bother providing their own devices then this wouldn’t be an issue!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008 

You know Gavs

I think it has happened already, that is Now TV will no longer be commissioning any more streaming devices. 

I say this because, look how long they've been out of stock of their sticks, over 8 months now, and none of the older Now TV devices are being refreshed or replaced.

I think the new owners have abandoned their streaming devices and intent to put their resources elsewhere.  Again, I think they have not made an announcement yet because they're waiting for their current contracts with the manufacturers of their streaming devices to time out. 

Please note, my post is pure speculation and I have nothing in the way of facts or anything concrete.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been waiting for a new device to arrive and now my white box is not working 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help i can not get any help

or advice for customer service... I have now tv internet and phone and tv on my lounge tv .. in my bedroom I have an old white box .. now been turned off .. what do I need to replace it .. and will it run off the one account  please help 

it’s crazy i can’t get to talk to anyone re my account either .. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My white box has now stopped working as "no longer supported"

It's perfectly good hardware so don't want to pay to upgrade it.

V poor support and it's shocking you can't contact anyone at nowtv via phone or even email!!

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User there is an email address in the solution literally a few posts above yours!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks.  Missed that!