cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box white - no longer working

Hi.

wondering if anyone can help my white now tv box isn’t working? I went to watch my film and it says device no longer supported, I was only watching it last night. My friend said she was sent a now tv stick as a replacement. How do we apply to be sent a new replacement? Seeing as the box was paid for by myself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User white boxes have been displaying a warning for about 6 weeks that the device would no longer work after October 6th. If it's the only device you use to access NowTV then you may be offered a free NowTV stick. If you use other devices to access your account and watch NowTV then you may have to pay for a NowTV stick.

You can email

customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces)

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got them boxes when it first came out, 5 of them. 2 for some else and 3 i have in my house. We have also used it non stop. And not once did it showed a warning sign. We pay alot for their monthly subscription. If you want to buy stick go to BM store, its £15. I might remove my subscription, no way i am paying again when i already have sky, Netflix and Amazon. I just angry and shocked with now tv. And paid for these boxes that are useless now. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

All

If you are not eligible for a free NowTV stick, they are available from Amazon for £26.85 including a months entertainment and movies. That means the stick technically costs you £5.85 with free next day delivery for prime account holders!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same happened here today. I suspect this could be seen as a cyber crime by NOW TV.  Not that I'm suggesting that per se, just putting it out there.

Depriving an individual of a service they have paid for and continue to pay for in good faith is not only disrespectful, but it could damage their business model.

And before I get replies about them having announced it over the last few weeks, I can assure you that there has been no such notification on my box.

I'm about to email them, and if I don't get a free replacement, then they'll have lost my business.

I suggest that customers talk with their feet and leave, hitting NOW in the pocket and teaching them about customer service at the same time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok how about if you have to use a white box as the TV you use doesn't have HDMI? Don't tell me to get a newer TV because what I am watching it on fits perfectly where I watch it and I don't wish to change. Can these white boxes be rooted does anyone know? Run a software over the top so at least the apps like YouTube can be accommodated? 

starman73
Elite

...if the TV you use doesn't have HDMI?

Get a HDMI to AV converter. Try eBay or Amazon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same trouble can someone please tell me why this isn’t working as my child is now no longer able to watch tv in his room

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good shout and something I'd been wondering about. Plenty hdmi to VGA but the sounds the issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve had the same issue.  I’m casting nowtv from my phone at the moment, you could try that if that helps you?

ive emailed them at [email removed] and I’m hoping for a free replacement 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have 2 white now boxes and one black, the white ones no longer work and they have the headphone jack which is very usefull for me. Which is one of the reasons I bought them. Thats very bad turning off boxes after paying all that for them. Does that mean my black box will go off soon as well then!

What a terrible streaming company, not happy. Do I get replacements at all?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do it, NOWtv are scum bag money leeches.