cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box white - no longer working

Hi.

wondering if anyone can help my white now tv box isn’t working? I went to watch my film and it says device no longer supported, I was only watching it last night. My friend said she was sent a now tv stick as a replacement. How do we apply to be sent a new replacement? Seeing as the box was paid for by myself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User white boxes have been displaying a warning for about 6 weeks that the device would no longer work after October 6th. If it's the only device you use to access NowTV then you may be offered a free NowTV stick. If you use other devices to access your account and watch NowTV then you may have to pay for a NowTV stick.

You can email

customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces)

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This link will get you to live chat. Will hopefully be quicker than emailing.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 thanks for that suggestion, it worked a treat. Reduced price stick! 👍

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Perfect, glad to have helped! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey thanks for the link helped me get through. Got a free stick coming now. 🤗

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After online chat with an advisor 

P. S Just message them at

customerservices @ NowTV. com

No spaces ⬆️

With your device serial number and picture of the Base showing he model and serial number and you should get a voucher code to enter under redeem voucher code for a free stick takes a bit of time use two devices I used a phone and laptop 🤗

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User luckily your post came to me in full in the notification email thus:

SurreyJulian (Advocate) posted a new reply in NOW TV Box (white) on 01-11-2020 14:25:

Just to report that I used my old Blue and White Now Tv cube that I got from Tesco Extra with a free Sky Sports Pass for 1 month a few years ago (may be it cost £19.99 or perhaps it was only £9.99, can't remember now) last night to watch the F1 Qualifying with the old software perfectly ok.  Initially the program was very stuttery getting going around 10.40pm just I think because the All4 video platform is rubbish and totally overwhelmed by the demand to watch the F1 event and that is why they don't even make it available on the Youview version of the All4 player till the next day (as clearly a huge number of people have YouView boxes) even though you can watch it ok on their website on a PC from the start of the live coverage.

So anyway used old Now cube software to watch F1 Qualifying from Imola perfectly ok after 11pm (when I presume a lot of people go to  bed so All4 platform no longer overwhelmed) and then just as I was about to turn off it offered the software update again.  Stupidly accepted as I was now going to bed so didn't care how long it took.  Then it ran quite quickly in 10 minutes or so after which I got the message saying my Now Tv adapter was no longer compatible with the service.  No opportunity to roll back to the old software and not advised the software update would  break the box. 😫

So today called Now Broadband technical support line and a pleasant lady in Northern Ireland told me unfortunately all support for Now Tv is via online chat session.

So then got in to a chat session with a guy in India (from the name) who initially told me that because I was not a paying Now Broadband customer that is why I had not been emailed telling me not to update the software to the new version that broke the box and quoting terms and conditions saying they were entitled to update the software to a version that might not be compatible with my hardware and basically telling me I had to buy a new Now Tv smart stick at my expense.

I responded by saying I had switched my broadband from Plusnet to Now Broadband in June and had considered several times subscribing to Sky Sports for the F1 and had again just been doing so due to a new reduced price offer for Sky Sports for 3 months at £25 I had just received.  But now with a broken Now Tv viewing cube I could not do so.  I also mentioned probably corresponding with Sky CEO Jeremy Darroch, using the address at ceoemail.com, about this unethical behaviour by Sky in making perfectly equipment redundant without warning.

At this point the guy gave in and said they would be sending me a new Now Tv USB Smart Stick in the post.  So I assume his supervisor authorised this at this point in the conversation.

Of course it helped that I was still a paying customer of Now with Now Broadband and had the argument I was just considering signing up for Sky Sports on their new reduced price offer for 3 months.

I think if you weren't a customer of Now at all they would be likely to take a harder line with not sending a replacement Now Broadband stick at their expense.

But anyway the staff in India are initially told to tell you hard luck and your Now Broadband adapter is dead and go and buy yourself another one.  But if you argue hard enough that Now might be losing revenue from you as a customer in some way and this not a proper Good Will policy when their software update broke the device they may give in and offer to send you a new Now Smart Stick at their expense like they did with me.............

Reply | Say thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My white now tv boxes dont work anymore wat can I do 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The White Boxes has been decommissioned around a month now. 

Head onto Live chat 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

They might give you a discounted Now TV stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Man this company...

so why do some people get a free stick and people like myself just get told to suck it up and buy again?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
It’s not going to be answer you want to hear, but the White Box was decommissioned back in October and not everyone received a free Now TV stick as a replacement. 

Ironically the Now TV stick is out of stock with Now TV. 

Your best option to buy an Amazon fire stick or a Roku stick. Both are far more reliable than the Now TV stick.