cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box white - no longer working

Hi.

wondering if anyone can help my white now tv box isn’t working? I went to watch my film and it says device no longer supported, I was only watching it last night. My friend said she was sent a now tv stick as a replacement. How do we apply to be sent a new replacement? Seeing as the box was paid for by myself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User white boxes have been displaying a warning for about 6 weeks that the device would no longer work after October 6th. If it's the only device you use to access NowTV then you may be offered a free NowTV stick. If you use other devices to access your account and watch NowTV then you may have to pay for a NowTV stick.

You can email

customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces)

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The white box was decommissioned back in October. 

In the world of technology you’ll have to accept that apps and devices never stay around forever.

If I were you I’d purchase an Amazon Fire stick or a Roku stick, because all that Now TV staff would do for you is a discounted Now TV stick which is an extremely unreliable device.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

38BADFE1-25D8-4486-B762-4B0A552FA221.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now that my NOW TV 2400SK box is no longer supported by Now TV... what next? I would like Now TV to accept this unit back through the post FREEPOST and for it to be properly recycled/recommissioned. Any advice on this? I would rather it ends up having another life elsewhere rather than sitting in landfill with so much other "outdated tech"...

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Your best option is to head onto Live chat to see what Now TV staff suggest. 

Just make sure to click "chat online" within the green box. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, white box deliberately bricked by NowTV. Support simply says 'go and buy a NowTV stick' which they will brick in a few months. Imagine if Apple sent forced software updates to old iPhones that bricked them. I accept a device will no longer be supported, but that's different from forcing an update on users that bricks their devices. Unbelievable.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Making comparisons with Apple is a bit far fetched. 

Now TV stick costs £15-£20, Apple TV costs around £200! 

The fact that Now TV are slowly discontinuing their devices is a good thing. They shouldn’t be supplying their own devices, what they should be doing is focusing on the app itself.

If I were you, I would purchase an Amazon fire stick as this is far more reliable than the Now TV stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

you couldn't miss the point, or the principal, more if you tried

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What your not even realising is that Now TV pulled all support for LG webcast TVs and almost anything pre 2015. So for Now TV to stop supporting older devices is nothing new. 

The fact is the Now TV white box was decommissioned back in October and was highlighted at the time to death across the forum that it was an uproar, but literally nothing could be done about it apart from complain which people did and nothing changed that fact it’s not in use anymore.
Free Now TV sticks were provided for those that had no alternative means of viewing Now TV.

Technology moves on and so does Now TV. Next they will not support the Black Box, then the Smart Box and then the Stick. 

The fact the “beta” trial for Now TV on Apple finished and getting a subpar app than promised, whereas launching the app on Amazon fire devices. It almost indicates the path Now TV are heading towards.

Considering the Now TV stick is extremely unreliable over Roku or Amazon fire sticks. The continued argument over a discontinued product is pointless, because you won’t get anything from Now TV staff on here and you’ve noticed when you’ve emailed them directly. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Greg

There is no principle and there is no point, it's over, just accept it and move on.  To do anything else is a waste of time.

It's Over Emoji.jpg

You'd be better off shouting at the wind.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not happy with now tv as cant use my white box’s and youview box one not working and bt blocking the other one. Complained and just told by customer  services I can use other devices and recommend buying a new stick instead. Signed up for sky sports and forced to borrow a black box to carry on using. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No email, no message - last used the box last week! Unimpressed, will try emailing to try and get stick! Unfortunately my smart TV isn't smart enough, too old! Normally cast from tablet to big TV in living room, hence just discovered this issue. 

Might try tweeting about this too!!