cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box white - no longer working

Hi.

wondering if anyone can help my white now tv box isn’t working? I went to watch my film and it says device no longer supported, I was only watching it last night. My friend said she was sent a now tv stick as a replacement. How do we apply to be sent a new replacement? Seeing as the box was paid for by myself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User white boxes have been displaying a warning for about 6 weeks that the device would no longer work after October 6th. If it's the only device you use to access NowTV then you may be offered a free NowTV stick. If you use other devices to access your account and watch NowTV then you may have to pay for a NowTV stick.

You can email

customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces)

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My white box also unsupported. I have not been offered anything at all, despite having prepaid passes to January which are now largely useless. The online chat no longer offering even a SmartStick free.

I am seeking a refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have not seen a warning appearing on our Now TV box saying that as of the 6th October the unit would suddenly become unusable !     😡

How and when was the warning message displayed ?  Was it to be displayed as soon as the unit started up, was it a message displayed while the unit was working ?  🤔

Now TV are certainly a despicable company to deal with and I hope they are planning to refund users for their initial outlay or replace the units as appears to have happened for some ?

Looking at other posts on the forum, a theme of not actually notifying customers seems to be a regular occurrence.  🤔

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As box cost £40 I will no long use now tv any more 

starman73
Elite

The box did not cost £40

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_TV_(Sky)

In July 2013 Sky launched a white Now TV-branded Roku streaming box allowing users to stream Now TV content to their TV via an analogue base band connection or an HDMI. It retailed for £9.99.

starman73
Elite

Out of interest, was anyone subscribing to Now TV who used the white box? If so, you would have got an email offering a free stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have two each of them cost 25 pounds, this must of bin an introductory price when they first come out. Things don't stay constantly the same price

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Both of mine cost 25 pounds each you don't know how much people pay for them, things don't stay the same price. 9.99 was obviously an introductory price. That's what happens in retail they sell things cheap at first then it certainly goes up once they start getting customers, just like the subscription s, at first I was paying 6 pounds for the movies now its gone right up to 11.99

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

If you paid £25 for a white box, it most likely had passes with it, normally to the value of £25 or more.  They were never more than £10 on their own.   The black box and the sticks were only £15 each when launched and again mostly sold with accompanying passes worth more.  As an example, my sticks with 3 month sports passes cost less than £50.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_TV_(Sky)

In July 2013 Sky launched a white Now TV-branded Roku streaming box allowing users to stream Now TV content to their TV via an analogue base band connection or an HDMI. It retailed for £9.99

In January 2018, Sky introduced the Now TV Smart Stick dongle which plugs directly into a TV's HDMI input and includes voice search. It was noted as the cheapest smart TV stick in the UK, costing £14.99 at launch

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

...at first I was paying 6 pounds for the movies now its gone right up to 11.99

Ironically, I was paying £14.99 when Now TV started but now pay nothing thanks to this offer I received just over a month ago.

1 month of the Sky Cinema Pass for £0.00 a month: Offer available to the named recipient of this email only. Offer ends 30/09/2020 at 23:59. Pass auto renews at standard price after 1 month unless cancelled (currently: Sky Cinema is £11.99 a month). You can cancel anytime. Not available in conjunction with any other NOW TV offer. Offer not available to existing customers with a Sky Cinema Pass subscription. Offer not available to existing customers currently billed by a third party such as Vodafone, Apple, BT or NOW TV Combo customers. One offer code per person, offer code can only be used once. There is no cash alternative to the code, all codes are non-refundable and non-transferable. Offer lost if you cancel your Pass before the end of the offer period.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My white Now TV box also not working . I paid £15 for it but it is now useless!