cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box white - no longer working

Hi.

wondering if anyone can help my white now tv box isn’t working? I went to watch my film and it says device no longer supported, I was only watching it last night. My friend said she was sent a now tv stick as a replacement. How do we apply to be sent a new replacement? Seeing as the box was paid for by myself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User white boxes have been displaying a warning for about 6 weeks that the device would no longer work after October 6th. If it's the only device you use to access NowTV then you may be offered a free NowTV stick. If you use other devices to access your account and watch NowTV then you may have to pay for a NowTV stick.

You can email

customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces)

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV are a shameful bunch of con artists rehashing SKY TV for those who don't want to spend SKY money. 

My White box worked (been in a box for a year), did a system update and they bricked it. 

The fact they brick devices on the premise of 'Security' is BS. Same as all those IOT thermostats and bulbs that will suddenly brick in a few months. 

It's all BS they can whistle if they think I'm ever buying their products or services ever again.

If you want a solution but an old Xbox or PlayStation and put the app on their. Xbox 360 is 15 years old and STILL able to use this app. Prove that NowTV are scumbag con artists

Scum scum scum

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Now TV have not remained in the dark for the White box being decommissioned.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

8D76C374-8A19-4348-A8C9-A7BB466F123A.png

It is standard for Now TV to remove the app from older devices. Even it’s removed from pre 2015 LG TVs.

To be complaining over an old device where you can buy a cheap Roku or Amazon stick is going to be rather pointless with Now TV.

In my personal opinion I wouldn’t be shocked if Now TV decommissioned all it’s devices and opted to focus on the app itself rather than producing substandard devices every few years.

Again you can spend £20-£40 on a stick that will work with Now TV.

Feel free to jump onto Live chat and complain directly with Now TV rather on a customer forum

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint
Just make sure to click “chat online” within the green box 

You can always send an email to the address in the picture below 

68E7256E-9CF6-4A51-A521-016BA979F16A.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
AlexB83
Scholar 2

The Now TV stick is £24.85 on Amazon and comes with a month free movies and entertainment so you are basically paying less than £5 for the cost of the stick. This is how technology works things become out dated and no longer supported, I watch Now TV on a variety of devices some much more expensive than the now tv stick and certainly don't expect them to be supported until the end of days. If you are getting 5-10 years out of a device I think that is definitely fair.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't. I bought it and it should work. Furthermore since they 'decommissioned' the white boxes neither of my 2 black boxes are working properly either. One not at all, and the other very badly. I won't touch anything to do with nowtv ever again.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Fair enough don’t buy anymore Now TV devices. But to not bother with Now TV passes because of old boxes not being being supported is a bit extreme. 

Many other users including myself have recommended other devices such as Roku and Amazon which are far superior than ANY device that Now TV has produced.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
SweetBlitz
Expert 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

One thing I noticed about now tv is that the boxes didn’t work unless the supplied  hdmi leads were used any other hdmi lead  just wouldn’t do 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mines dine the same, have you had any luck sorting it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mines just done the same and tried emailing them but it says the email is invalid. Has anyone managed to either speak to someone or has sorted it out. I also don't have a smart tv and it's the only thing I use to watch tv with. 

Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

they’re sorting it out now for me,

please email Customerservices @ nowtv. com (ensuring no spaces)

they will be able to help. Had good responses