cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box stuck on loading screen with pulsating o???????? Help!!!!!

Have just brought the box.. connected all the cables etc.. turn it on and it is stuck on the loading page which says now tv and has a pulsating logo.. also the box turns itself on/off every minute or so....have tried holding reset button for 5 seconds.. 10 seconds.. 30 seconds.. nothing...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had setting up your NOW TV Box.

Can you try a Hard Reset again?

If it's not resetting then there may be a defect with the NOW TV Box. If that is case and you got it from our website, we can look into a replacement if it's still under the 1 year warranty. If you purchased it from a retailer, you will need to return it to them.

Hope that helps and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had setting up your NOW TV Box.

Can you try a Hard Reset again?

If it's not resetting then there may be a defect with the NOW TV Box. If that is case and you got it from our website, we can look into a replacement if it's still under the 1 year warranty. If you purchased it from a retailer, you will need to return it to them.

Hope that helps and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same problem!!! Tried resent so many times!!
I get to set up the whole box again but then after it try's to update it goes back to the now TV loading screen with flashing logo!!!
Need this fixed ASAP!!!
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear this @Anonymous User.

Can you please try resetting your router and try performing a software update on the NOW TV Box. 

You may also want to try changing the wireless channel settings of your router. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had to return to retailer and swap.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem as this. 

My Mum's friend gave her an unwanted NowTV box, last used around June this year. When I visited hers I connected it up and it booted fine. I then did a factory reset from the menu, the box rebooted to the "Let's get started" screen, asked for her wifi code and connected to the Internet as expected. It then said it had to do a software update which appeared to complete correctly. It was when it automatically rebooted itself that it hung on the NowTV screen with the pulsating O. I left it for an hour with no change so I tried disconnecting the power which took it back to the "Let's get started screen" although it had remembered her wifi pass key this time, again it updated and hung.  Finally I tried the had reset button on the back and went through the whole process again (it hadn't remembered the wifi key this time) with the same result. I feel like if it wasn't forcing me to do the update it would work fine. 

Has as anyone managed to find a solution to this at all? If not I'm going to throw it in the bin and get her a new one!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear you've had issues with your box. I will send you an e-mail shortly. Please keep an eye out on your inbox?

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear you've had issues with your box. I will send you an e-mail shortly. Please keep an eye out on your inbox?

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Problem solved! Thanks Ranj-S. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If your email contains a fix for this problem what about the rest of us who are having this problem ??  

Sending an email wont help others . What is the fix for this ??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well ! No response ! Some customer support then .

Perhaps some recipient of the super secret email could reveal the fix for this ?