cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box failing to restart after restoring factory settings or attempting to apply update

Box continually crashing. Attempted to update software but box will not initialise and gets stuck on the now tv screen. Then attempted factory reset but again it crashes when attempting to restart
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add, the reason I attempted these things was because I couldn't watch anything on now tv, each time I tried it bounced back to the home screen. This was with movies or entertainment
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing.

It looks like your NOW TV Box is getting under the minimum 2.5 mbps our service requires.

If your broadband provides over 2.5mb download speeds than I would recommend you try the following:

Disable Pings

You’ll need to complete the following sequence on your NOW TV box remote control. This must be done in quick succession:

1. Home (x5)
  2. Fast Forward
  3. Play
  4. Rewind
  5. Play
  6. Fast Forward

If the above is done correctly, a new screen will appear called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Change the wifi channel on your router

You will need to access your router and change the wireless channel (try one between 1 - 6 and one that isn't already being used).

I hope that helps and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same issues. It is failing to restart after downloading the updates. 

I have done hard reset several times, and the steps that you've suggested in your post as a solution, disabled pings and changed the Wireless channel from hub settings - but it is not working. It gets stuck in initial NowTV screen and when I unplug and plug the power cable for the box, it redirects to Welcome screen where it's asking to download the latest updates. It is like an infinite loop in here. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Can you try these steps, that should over ride the current firmware installation. Please let us know how you get on with this.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team