cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now box has frozen

Just came to use my now tv box and the screen is frozen on the homepage, remote is unresponsive and it has a white light on the front of the box, tried new batteries and reseting box but still no joy.

Anyone had this happen to them and if so what can be done to cure it?

Thanks

Paul

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue and just spoken to someone on live chat. Apparently it's a problem they're aware of and are fixing it. Nothing to do with our boxes.
Just have to wait and see unfortunately!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did this get fixed? I'm going crazy - actually bought another box to see if that worked - same issue affects the new box too - and customer service is non-existent!!! Surely this is now some sort of trading standards issue. I can't believe the tabloids are not all over this already!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bough box yesterday and it worked. Today when switched tv on box froze and couldn't get tv channels. Have scanned them again and nothing. Have reset to factory reset and nothing. WiFi is connected ok. Getting I player Tec. Help

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's black box. Not the smart one. Sort this out asap!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

my now box is frozen can you help

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If you turn it over, can you see a Reset button on the underside? 

If so, hold it in for 15-30 seconds to reset the box.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
If I reset the box will I be involved in technical of resting other things as I not very coputer minded as I think I would sooner cancel my dd if that is going to be the case I have spent that mutch time on this thanks for you help very grstfull.