cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now box has frozen

Just came to use my now tv box and the screen is frozen on the homepage, remote is unresponsive and it has a white light on the front of the box, tried new batteries and reseting box but still no joy.

Anyone had this happen to them and if so what can be done to cure it?

Thanks

Paul

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add a bit more info,

I've tried doing a hard reset a few times, it's now stuck on the setup page and unresponsive with white light

I've also tried unplugging for 5 minutes and trying again

The box is normally left plugged in over night.

Paul

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this, Would it be possible to reset your router and then reset your NOW TV Box and then try again ?

Failing that if you can turn on the WIFI hotspot on a mobile phone, connect the NOW TV Box to that and then carry out a Software update on the box, then try to connect back to your home WIFI again.

Hope it helps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

PLEASE HELP NOW TV BOX UNRESPONSIVE. CHANGED BATTERIES. RESET MY HUB, RESET NOW TV BOX. UNRESPONSIVE

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this, Would it be possible to reset your router and then reset your NOW TV Box and then try again ?

Failing that if you can turn on the WIFI hotspot on a mobile phone, connect the NOW TV Box to that and then carry out a Software update on the box, then try to connect back to your home WIFI again.

Hope it helps

TRIED EVERYTHING STILL UNRESPONSIVE

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

NOW TV have identified an issue causing this and have posted a message about it here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Now-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208

I'd suggest going to that post and clicking Topic Options>Subscribe (you need to be signed in to do this) and then you should get an email when there is any news.

In the meantime I'd recommend not doing anything to the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Access denied to this link although signed in 😞

Anyone know what the issue is? Now TV status says everything ok!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here access denied, my box has also frozen and will not do anything not even with the remote just froze on home page
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here to all of the above, quite frustrating!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone from Nowtv actually look at these issues, ive seen about 49 comments relating to the issue with zero assistance. The customer service is awful
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another that has tried all the above, and won't let me in to the topic thread displayed because I don't have sufficient privileges(?) Stuck on the welcome screen and the 4 coloured balls aren't spinning. NOWTV fix this!!!