cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dickson
First Poster

Now Tv control not responding

Hello everyone,
I've been having issues with my now to control.
For some reason it has just stopped responding, I have tried the usual things such as battery change, switch on and off, unplugged cables and also a manual reset.
Does anyone know how I could possibly fix this issues as I'm now not able to use my box.
Thanks
0 Thanks
8 Replies
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Re: Now Tv control not responding

Hi @Dickson,

How long have you had your 'white' NOW TV box?

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Snowpup
First Poster

White box & remote not syncing

Hi all
My white nowTV box & remote seems to not synce together on occasions. I have to unplug the bix & keep restarting it, maybe 2-3 times until it starts to work. Sometimes this happens in the middle of using it.
I have changed batteries in the remote thinking it was that but it still happens.
Does anyone know what could be causing this?
Thanks
0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

Re: White box & remote not syncing

Hi @Snowpup 

Sounds like it could be a faulty box you know. Have you tried downloding the roku remote app for either android or iOS? This could eb the work around if it's only a faulty remote. Here's a link to the play store for andorid: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roku.remote&hl=en_GB and here's the iOS app: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/roku/id482066631?mt=8

0 Thanks
Lyndsey4
First Poster

Remote not working

My remote has just stopped working I've tried new batteries it's just not registering at all
0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

Re: Remote not working

@Lyndsey4 Is this the 'white' box?

Have you tried getting up close to the box to see if the light flickers?

• If you have an iOS or Android device, you can download the Roku remote app. Smiley Happy
  • You can also buy a replacement remote from the Sky shop. 

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/products/black-now-tv-remote?section=now-tv&category=all

(A black remote works with a white box.)

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
0 Thanks
LYNnT84
First Poster

My remote in not working for my white Now TV Box.  Frustrating as I am paying for the pleasure and no way to work it without the remote!

0 Thanks
schnapps Champion 4
Champion 4

@LYNnT84

If you own a smart phone or tablet you could download for free from your device Apps Store the Roku Remote controller app which should work if the nowtv box is already setup.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Sadly, nothing lasts forever @LYNnT84

Rather than purchasing a new remote control for £4.00, you might be better off buying a higher spec 'black' box together with either 'Entertainment' or 'Cinema' voucher passes for £15.00: -

If you're interested, Currys/PC World are currently offering the following 'black' box 'bundle' deals: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 2 month 'Movies' pass @ £14.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 3 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £14.99

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks