cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stuck on screen saver

Hi, I have had my now to box for quite a while now with no problems what so ever, but after a home move And the Internet was put back on I plugged the box back in to the TV it connected with the router and then internet with no problems it then fine an update, but after it restarted it is now stuck on the screen saver with the play symbol bouncing. Know matter what buttons I press on the controller nothing seems to work. I have done the resets a couple of times and un-plugged it for a day or so.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.  It sounds like you've done most of the troubleshooting, the only other thing I can think of is replacing the batteries in the remote.   If your box is still under guarantee I'd be inclined to return it.  I don't know where you purchased it from, but if it was direct from Sky, here's a help page which may be of use http://help.nowtv.com/article/Replace-faulty-NOW-TV-box

I hope this helps, if not please re-post and a member of the NOW TV Team/forum member will get you up and runningSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem. It's a really nasty, weird, garish and ugly - even theatening - secreen saver with this horrid thing like an eye bouncing up and down. Either some tecchiefinds it very funny or can it possibly be a virus? How would one get into the setup?

I have to exit out of whatever I was watching straight back to the home page, and then find again what I was watching and it NEVER returns to where the screen saver interfered, Worse, I have to go through ALL the adverts again even if I was most of the way through the programme. Sometimes I can't even exit from this vile screen saver, but have to turn the box off and on.  

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Rosa

Sound like your white Now TV box is malfunctioning, your screen saver should not activate when you are watching something.

Some other forum members may come up with somethings you may try but I believe that all the white boxes have come to the end of their useful lifes and should now be replaced, however that is just my personal opinion.

In the meantime, you should contact Now TV's help chat on the following URL, they may have a fix for your problem.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've rented a movie and now after watching it once,  it stuck on screen saver bouncing around. Never happened before 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What device are you using to watch NOW? The reason I ask is that you’ve commented on a thread relating to a device that was decommissioned back in October.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help